8 | Classified

After putting my dress back on, I grabbed my shoes and the rock and went out to find Steve leaned against the wall. When he saw me, he stood up straight. "How was it."

I stared at him for a second. "I have a purple bruise the size of a tea plate over my ribs. It was great." I said sarcastically.

"Captain Rogers." I turned my head to see a partially bald man clad in a suit standing awfully professional like.

"Agent Coulson." Steve raised his chin.

I brushed frizzled hair out of my face and looked at the two men. Hopefully, this wasn't going to be one of those moments where two people were having an argument about a certain person but wouldn't let them speak at all--

"Ms. Bennett." Coulson addressed and my eyebrows in surprise. Okay then. "Hi." I gave a small wave. He turned back to Steve. "You involved yourself with 2207."

I scrunched my face into a sarcastic smile. "Alrighty then," I mumbled to myself, leaning down and slipping on my shoes.

"It was necessary," Steve spoke from behind me.

Coulson gave a small smile and looked down. "Captain Rogers, I don't mean to sound like a...parent," he said and I fought the urge to snort. Seriously? "But it seems that you've gotten yourself into quite a predicament. Fury called for you."

I glanced at Steve who tightened his jaw.

Coulson started walking, Steve passed by me to follow him and I tailed them like a curious puppy.

"Um..." I trotted in front of Steve. "Mr. Coulson?" He glanced at me. "Yes, Ms. Bennett?"

I looked down and back at him. "What does 2207 have to do with me?"

He grinned. Why did people think that was so funny?

"You are 2207 Rachel."

"I understand that, but what does that mean? Why do I have a number?"

We stepped into the elevator and Steve remained quiet behind us while I continued to stare down Coulson.

"That, Ms. Bennett is classified." He said with a small grin playing on his lips as he looked straight ahead.

I stared at him long and hard for about half of a minute. "Mr. Coulson?" I said slowly.

"Yes, Ms. Bennett?"

I glanced back at Steve who had a look on his face and I looked back at Mr. Coulson. "I know this is your job, and I'm sure you've done great at it, but..." I paused so I could stop myself from raising my voice. "I think you should really just tell me because I'm starting to a tad bit pissed off and excuse my French but 'baise classé'. What does 2207 mean?" I said as slowly and calmly as I could. By the time I finished, both Coulson and Steve were staring at me. Steve seemed a tad bit afraid and Coulson looked...impressed?

"Alright." He said before the elevator dinged and he stepped out and continued walking.

I looked back at Steve who was still half scared half monotone before following after Coulson.

"2207 is your case number." He said once I caught up with him. "Case number?"

"Yes, case number. Your case was assigned to Rogers back in November. He wasn't supposed to make contact with you." He said, not making eye contact with me. "And now you may be reassigned." I paused as it took a second for the information to get through. I took a step back, my back colliding with Steve's chest. As quick as he could still me from falling, I pushed myself off of him with a forceful shove. I was hurt. Even though I didn't have a viable reason to be.