32 | This Poker Face

~Fantasy~~Alina Baraz & Galimatias~

~Fantasy~
~Alina Baraz & Galimatias~

March 17th.

"I need you to be completely honest with me Steve."

"I feel like we've been down this road before."

I snickered a little but shook my head to shake my straight face back on. "I'm being serious."

"Alright." He replied defensively. "Show me."

I came out of the room with something like a nervous yet liberated smile. "How do I look?"

His brows were raised half thoughtfully as he stared at what I had on my body from his place on my rearranged couch.

My smile fell. "No?" I was wearing a black top tucked into a very lovely tan pencil shirt with a fitted blazer, complete with a pair of black Louboutins. "No?" I repeated, making a wince face.

Steve stood up, walked over to me and put his hands on my cheeks. "Trick question." He said, confusing me. "How do you look?" He repeated my question as if he wanted me to answer it.

"Uhh..." I hesitated momentarily. "Good?"

He raised a brow with a not quite. I creased my brows. "Great?"

Almost there his face said and I paused. "Amazing?"

He smiled. "There's your answer."

I chuckled, leaning up to kiss him. "You're silly, Rogers." I shook my head, picking up my purse. "I have to go, I'd rather not be late to my first day of work."

My little puppy gave a yip from the ground, pawing at Steven's pant leg. He made me smile because his little leash vest had a cute little red bow tie and he looked like a little gentleman. "Bye bye Romie..." I cooed, leaning down to scratch him behind his ear, the motion that continuously made him fall to the ground on his back with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. He wanted me to scratch his belly.

"Oh poor baby..." I laughed a bit, looking up at Steve with a smile.

"I'm taking him for a walk." He chuckled. "Ahh, have fun." I folded my arms with slight. "Any other plans?"

He looked up and shrugged, putting his thumbs in his pockets. "Meeting, new case."

"Even more fun." I grinned. My phone chimed in my purse and I looked down at it with a bit of a cringe. "I really have to go now." I leaned up to give him a lingering kiss on the lips as he put his hand on the small of my back. I pulled back with a smile, affectionately brushing his chin with my thumb. "Love you." I quipped and he smiled. "Good luck."