36 | Anyday, Everyday

~Let's Stay Together~~Al Green~

~Al Green~

•••

November 18th.

Anyone who knew me would know I hated cooking.

I could do it, of course, it was because I was the fastest learner in the world, but that didn't in the least bit mean I enjoyed it. It just stressed me the hell out.

I was only doing it because I felt like I had to make a peace offering. Steve and I were kind of at a crossroads. It wasn't anything bad, it was just that I was having a hard time coming to grips with a mess I'd made. I felt better about what I did, and I found at least a bit of clarity in seeing Finn Cassio that day, but I knew it was going to take some time to fully come to terms with myself.

Steve was there every step of the way. Or at least he wanted to be.

I started to feel distant, and I knew I didn't want to be, so I decided to make him dinner.

Which was why I was currently throwing noodles into boiling water, trying to get everything together when my bell rang.

I grimaced slightly, lowering the volume of my music and walked out of the kitchen.

I sighed a little bit before I opened the door, plastering a little-pursed smile on my face.

"Hi," I said softly.

"Hi." His smile was warm and it made me smile a bit wider. We looked at each other for a moment before with his one hand he wrapped around my body to pull me close. I leaned in to rest my lips on his. I chuckled a little bit in his mouth as I felt him lifting me up by the under cuff of my ass with his one arm. I pulled back with my arms still wrapped around him. "Hi." I chuckled again.

Steve gave me a sort of lopsided grin. "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever."

I grinned back. "Trust me, it hasn't been that long."

He chuckled and let me down so I could let him in the door. Trailing behind him on his heart cascaded leash was my little—well he was a bit bigger now—baby. "Hi baby, I missed you..." I leaned down and cooed, scratching behind his ear as he looked around for his moved doggy bed, not paying me any attention.

"I'm sorry nothing's done." I sighed looking up a little sheepishly. "I overestimated my time management." I unclipped Romeo's leash before standing up. "I suck."

"You don't 'suck'." He seemed amused by my statement. "Take your time."

I cracked a grin, tilting my head, looking down at his hand that was holding the leash along with a bouquet of daisies wrapped in green paper. "You shouldn't have."

He looked down at his own hand and raised his brows as if he had forgotten he had them. "Oh," he raised them with a sheepish little smile. I folded my arms and pursed my lips in a little smile, raising a brow with comedic disappointment. "I love it when you hate when I do nice things for you." He said jokingly, making my cheeks burn as I playfully rolled my eyes. "I hate you." I chuckled, taking my favorite kind of flowers. "I love you too." He followed me as we ventured to the kitchen.