14 | Give Thanks Pt. 1

IM SORRY I HAD TO SPLIT IT UP IT WAS WAY TOO LONG

•••

"I swear to god Calvin if you raise your voice at me one more time," I said, casually looking at my nails.

"I'm being serious Rachel," Calvin said lowly with his arms folded.

"And you think I'm not?" I scoffed looking up at him. "Calvin you accused me of sleeping with my friend. Boyfriends are supposed to trust their girlfriends." I said through grit teeth. "Or am I wrong?"

"You know what, can you blame me? This guy lives with you. And--and I see the way you look at each other like you two are in love or something!" He began to raise his voice and I glowered. "But I'm with you, you idiot! If I wanted to--which doesn't sound like the worst idea at the moment--I could be with him instead of your distrustful ass!"

He scowled. "Then why don't you?" He crossed his arms.

"Excuse me?" I stood and crossed my arms as well.

"If you think it's such a good idea if you think you can just waltz to him, then why don't you?"

My jaw tightened and it took everything in me to not uppercut the fuck out of him. I let out air through my mouth to calm myself. "Fine."

He raised a surprised eyebrow. "Fine?"

I nodded. "Yes, Calvin, fine," I spoke sharply. "If you don't trust me, then I guess I can say fuck it to this relationship." I walked past him towards the door. I could tell he was trying to think of something else to say because his face was turning a bit red. "Fine. That's fine." He said like he didn't care.

I chuckled turning the doorknob and looked back. "I already said that hun, but you can try again next time, though I doubt there will be one." I gave a fake warm smile. "Auf Wiedersehen, asshole." I waved curtly before slamming the door behind me.

As soon as I got back to my own apartment, I downed a single shot of tequila and sat on the floor in front of my bed.

"Cry over no man." I said to myself before muttering "Get drunk over no man." I set down my shot glass. I very rarely got drunk, considering I had an abnormally high alcohol tolerance, so I simply rarely drank. The variety of alcohol I hid in the back of the cabinet was mainly to celebrate-- unless it was used to drown out my anger and sorrows but we won't talk about that.

There was a knock and I sighed. "No one's home..." I said lowly, looking down.

There was no reply and for a moment I believed whoever was there had walked away and left me alone.

I didn't want to be alone.

"You okay?" Steve's voice asked from the other side and I looked over at the door.

"...Yeah..." No.

"Are you sure?" He asked, concerned.

"...I don't think so."

He paused for a moment. "Do you want to be alone?"

I didn't speak for a few seconds. "...No." I pulled my legs to my chest.

The door opened slowly and he peeked his head through. "Hi." He said, easily.

I gave a light chuckle. "Hi, Steve." I smiled softly.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.

I shook my head and put my hand out for him to figuratively (or literally) take it. He closed the door behind him and came over to where I sat and sat beside me, minding the shot glass. He picked it up. "It's eleven in the morning and you're already drinking."