31 | Romeo

wife her.
Yes, this gif.

~Crush~~Yuna~

~Crush~
~Yuna~

February 12th.

"I have a box full of..." I put the box down on Steve's new table before unfolding the flaps to search the contents before I was completely and utterly surprised. "Holy hell."

"What is it?" Steve was in another room unboxing something else and the most interested smile spread to my lips. I put my hand inside and removed a framed picture that dated to sometime back in the forties or thirties. It was a picture of Steve before the serum standing next to a familiar handsome guy, taller than him, smiling with their arms around each other. "This is unbelievable."

I'd seen what he'd looked like before, back when I was in DC for college. I'd visited his exhibit once or twice with Rocky or Steph.

Seeing it personally though felt like something totally different.

I looked in the box and found another one from when he was a kid. He had ruffled up blonde hair and a smile upon his face, sitting next to whom I assumed was his mother, a woman with blonde hair as well and bright eyes. "Steve you were unbelievably adorable. I cant believe this." I shook my head, looking through the photos. Near the bottom of the box, I noticed a shiny silver circular something. I reached my hand in and grasped it.

It was some kind of compass. I opened it.

Inside was a black and white photograph of a woman, neck length wavy hair, and dark lipstick.

Steve came in the room, wiping his hands with a dish towel. "What'd you find?" He saw the compass in my hands and his lips parted.

"Is this Peggy?" I asked softly, looking at the picture with calm features.

"Yes."

I smiled softly. "She's very pretty." I looked up at him.

He took a breath. It was awkward for him, I could tell. I understood.

I looked back down at it, leaning against the table. "I can't begin to understand...how hard it must've been for you Steve." I shook my head, slowly. "This is a whole new life, I get that, but I'll never truly understand what you had." I brushed hair behind my ear, looking down at the picture. "And that's okay for me."

"Rachel..." he started lowly, breathing out again, making me look up at him. He came to stand by me, leaned against the table as well with one hand to support him. "I don't want you to be in the dark—"

I shook my head. "No Steve, I'm not in the dark. I know everything I need to know. I wouldn't be in the dark unless I wanted to pry." I put the compass down beside him. "I want you to be comfortable with telling me things and confiding in me. I would never hold any of this against you."