Chapter 13 - The Confession

(A/N: what a coincidence. This is chapter 13 so there's a hint at what may happen in his chapter. I did a double update to make up for lost time so here you go :) )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The lights flickered as they hung amongst the the stalls that were in the distance, the gold hue lighting up the abyss that was the dark sky. The moon stood tall in the sky. Its brightness glistening on the rippling water of the river. The two stood at the river's edge, looking out to the reflection. The wind lightly blowing with the night's chill. Despite being the winter season, the night was peaceful and warmed with happiness.

"Tae" Jungkook called, turning to face the other. "There's something I want to tell you"

"Yeah Kookie" Taehyung replied. The older just smiled to Jungkook who was fumbling with Taehyung's hands with nervousness. Every time he wanted to say something, Jungkook chocked on his words. Taehyung, noticing the other's hesitation. Reaching out, Taehyung took his hand from in Jungkook's to put on the younger's cheek in an attempt to calm him. "Kookie, what is it?" He asked as he stared into Jungkook's deep eyes. Jungkook just shivered from the warm touch.

"Tae, I like you" Jungkook said slightly putting his head down, not looking at Taehyung. The older male on the other hand has his mouth slightly ajar with shock.

"Please go out with me!" Jungkook practically shouted with his eyes closed. His eyes were shut tightly. Silence has surrounded them. The warm atmosphere that was once there had disappeared and the cold air set in. Jungkook kept his eyes closed, waiting for Taehyung's answer.

'Why isn't he answering?' Jungkook thought nervously. The sound of each other's hitched breathing was the only thing they could both hear. Jungkook was sure that Taehyung could hear how loud his heart was beating.

"K-Kookie" Taehyung began, his voice filled with confusion and uncertainty. Jungkook opened his eyes but kept his head low, too afraid to look into the other's eyes. "K-Kookie...I'm sorry. I can't...."

Jungkook swore he heard something shatter in the distance. Then he realised, it was his heart. Jungkook immediately looked up to meet Taehyung's slightly watery eyes. For Jungkook, it was if it was all over. He stepped back away from the older slightly with disbelief. He couldn't believe the answer that came out of Taehyung's mouth.

'H-he...he said no' Jungkook mentally thought. He was too choked up to say anything. At the thought, Jungkook felt water building up his eyes. He tried to stop himself from letting the tears fall but it was proving the most difficult challenge.

"W-what?" Jungkook asked as he still couldn't believe it. He knows the tears are going to fall at any moment. The heated core that was at the centre of his body had disappeared and now was a hole that was cold.

"I-I'm so sorry Jungkook" Taehyung said as his own tears fell. He began to cry while not looking at the younger.

"Why" Jungkook asked as tears ran down his cheeks.

"We can't. We just can't!" Taehyung shouted as he cried. The older started to turn and run from the younger. Jungkook, unable to control himself, grabbed Taehyung's arms and slammed their lips together. In that singular moment, sparks were risen and grew brighter than the moon that shone above them. The heat that both of them felt became scorching. Despite both of them still crying, Jungkook just held Taehyung closer as he continue to kiss him. Jungkook felt alive, and Taehyung too as the older wrapped his arms around younger's neck to keep him close.

Taehyung didn't want to let Jungkook go but he knew he had to. Jungkook sense the older struggling to be released so he held him tighter, not wanting to let him god. Jungkook knew in that instant that Taehyung felt the same but didn't understand why he wouldn't let them be together. While trying to grasp onto Taehyung, Jungkook staggered back as his cheek suddenly stung like needles.

Taehyung had slapped him across his cheek. Both the two were gasping for air from the kiss. However Jungkook just looked at Taehyung wide eyed as the tears began to properly stream down his face. His hand reached his red cheek, hot and sore from the slap. Taehyung looked at the younger, shocked by his own actions. Right there and then, Jungkook no longer felt anything. Inside was a cold abyss. He started to back away.

"J-Jungkook" Taehyung stuttered to speak, still attempting to get over the kiss and the fact he just hit the younger. "Jungkook I-I—." Jungkook ran from him, ignoring the calls from Taehyung. He ran back through the stalls not caring how he looked to others as he continued to cry. He ran and ran until he reached his home out of breath. Immediately he opened the door and ran to his room. He ignored the calls from the house helpers and just locked his bedroom door. He fumbled to find his phone to call the only one who could console him, Jin.

"Hello?" Jin answered. Jungkook just sniffed as he tried to stop his tears to speak but to no avail. "Jungkook what's wrong?" Jin asked immediately concerned.

"H-he rejected me" was all the younger could reply.

-----------~-----------

Taehyung couldn't believe his actions or Jungkook's. He continued to cry as he fell to his knees in the middle of the park where he had not moved since Jungkook left. He felt terrible at how he hurt Jungkook. Out of all the things he could of done, he hit him. As his tears started to run dry, he realised he was still wearing Jungkook's jacket. He could still feel the warmth and scent of Jungkook. He saw that the bag containing the bear Jungkook bought was still on the ground. Taehyung reached for it and pulled out the teddy. Holding it close to his chest, the tears threatened to fall once again. From staring at the bear while his tears fell on it, Taehyung saw something glistening inside the bag. Curiously, he pulled out the shiny object to reveal half of a snowflake necklace. Without hesitation, he put it over his head to wear it and once again his tears fell into the winter night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I am so so so sorry! It actually hurt me writing this. Forgive me!!! I decided to upload this too so here you are. Now I've got to figure out how to go from here....
Just want to say also, thank you to all of you for reading this. Honestly, I really appreciate it! You make writing enjoyable so thank you :)

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Silver