chapter 24

Hello wonderful readers,

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while Ive been busy. A lot of stuff went down in these past few weeks. A friend of mine got in  a motorcycle accident and has been in the hospital. And my nephew had to have heart surgery and hes only three years old. Please pray for a speedy recovery for both of them.

But on to better things!!!

Here is you update. :)

James POV

I woke up and realized That I was still in the hospital with my dad.I didn't realize that I was laying in Lisa's lap till the nurse started changing Dad's dressing. I quickly sat up not sure if I was making Lisa uncomfortable.

"Sorry for doing that" I apologised.

"it's alright,Would you like some coffee?'  she asked.

"That would be nice" I  said as I pulled out my wallet.

"Don't worry , this one's on me "

"No no take my card." 

"Fine."  She finally relented.

When she walked out of the room I looked back at Dad.

"Come on Dad you need to wake up for me." I said.

He looked so miserable , he had bruises all over him.

"Your'e not really sitting here worrying about and an old man are you son."

"Dad you're awake?!!!"

"Yes son"

Just as I was about to ask him how he was feeling the doctor came in.

"Mr. Hiddleston, I am glad to see you awake, unfortunately we need to get you into surgery right away to put a drain in for the fluid building in his lungs."

"But he just woke up" I said," he isn't really in any shape to handle surgery. Is he?"

"Unfortunately, if we don't get him in now it could cause his death".

"Well then what are we waiting for?''My dad said.

"I will need your son to sign this liability form."

"Ok,", I said as i signed the papers."You'll be fine dad."

The doctor left the room and the nurses came in to take him to the OR. About five minutes after they left Lisa came in the room with coffee and a brown paper bag.

"I got you a crossaint in case you were hungry". She said.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"where is your father?" She asked

"He need to get a drain put in at the wound site he had fluid."

"Oh ok."

The door opened and I was expecting it to be a nurse but it was Mom.

"James honey how is your father?"

"Hes okay he is getting a drain put in to reduce fluids."

"Good glad hes okay then. Oh Lisa you need to go you have a fitting today for a wedding gown."

She turned to look at me to see if I needed her.I nodded at me.

"Would you mind acting as me for the day Lisa? I have meeting with several clients today."

"Sure, is there anything you need before I go?" She asked.

"Could you go into the cabinet and get me a fresh suit?"

"Why don't you go home and get cleaned up James," My mother said."Lisa can drop you off at your apartment and you can rest." She said giving me the go or I will drag you look.

"Ok mom. Do you mind dropping me Lisa?"

"Sure",she answered,"Would you like me to bring you anything Mrs. Hiddleston?"

"No dear thank you very much though."

"OK"

"Wait , you two weren't planning on leaving without giving me a hug, were you?"my mother asked.

I smiled and looked at Lisa.

"No mom We weren't".