[1]

I'm editing this book!! Finally :) I'm only posting chapter 1 for now because I don't know what little details i'll have to change and I don't want to have to go back and forth between chapters I've edited and already posted. So, when I have it all edited, I'll post the rest of the updated chapters. Thank you for all the love you've already given me on this book, I think you deserve to have it written a little better haha. Enjoy this one for now :)

Chapter One (edited June 2021)

Seventeen year old Michael giggled as he waddled into the living room. The pink sweater drowning his frame hid the fresh nappy tapped around his hips. The color of the sweater, a bubblegum pink, matched the pacifier guard bobbing over his lips. A stuffed monkey was tucked under his arm as he scampered over to where Derek, his older brother, was watching tv. Michael crouched down and walked very slowly so his steps wouldn't make noise. He smiled mischievously behind his paci as he crept up to the side of the couch. A shout of "boo!" rang out as he jumped over the arm of the couch and into his brother's lap. He erupted in giggles when Derek made a gasp of surprise.

"I scare you!" He exclaimed proudly, his paci falling from his lips. Derek chuckled, picking up the pacifier and pressing the rubber tip to Michael's lips. The boy giggled as he accepted it, nuzzling Derek's hand in thanks.

"You did scare me, bug," Derek chuckled, patting Michael's bum as the boy shifted in his lap. "Uh oh, did you wet your nappy?" Michael shifted again, the thrill of scaring his brother wearing off and the wetness settling in. It squished when he shifted and he grumbled in discomfort as he nodded his head.

"Let's go get you all clean, yeah? Then I'll make you a baba." Derek carefully picked the boy up, holding him bridal style so the wetness of his diaper wouldn't seep into his shirt. He walked them to the nursery, flicking the lights on as he walked in. The first thing they see every time they walk in is themselves. Cartoon versions of themselves, hugging and surrounded by Disney characters; Winnie the Pooh and friends, frog Tiana and Naveen, Timon and Pumba, all smiling and group hugging around cartoon Michael and Derek. His boyfriend had spent weeks perfecting each one for Michael. Derek had never been so sure he was going to marry someone until his boyfriend had sat there for three hours perfecting Piglet.

Michael waved to the characters as Derek walked him over to the changing table. He kicked his legs softly at the air as Derek prepped a fresh diaper and laid out a few wipes.

"Dee, when I has my baba, can we watch the Lion King?" Michael took his pacifier out to ask, settling his legs when Derek tapped him. "Pretty please," he added with a sweet lilt in his voice, the 'r's sounding more like 'w's. Derek hummed as he untapped the boys diaper,

"Sure thing, bub," Derek replied as he wiped the boy down. Michael cheered happily, lifting his hips to allow Derek to slip the new diaper under him. "All clean," Derek smiled, picking the boy up again. Michael pressed a sweet kiss to his brother's cheek before slipping his paci back into his mouth. Derek smiled softly, shifting the boy onto his hip, bouncing him lightly as he walked them down the stairs. Michael babbles were muffled beyond his pacifier as he was set down on the couch, rolling onto his tummy and kicking his legs against the sofa. Derek left him with a gentle ruffle of his hair, his footsteps patting into the kitchen. Michael watched over his shoulder, his paci slowly falling from his lips and onto the couch. He stuck his thumb in his mouth, suckling softly as he was pulled into the bright lights on the tv.

"Hey!" He jumped at the sound of Derek's voice, his thumb falling wetly from his mouth. "I know you know better, no thumb sucking. If I see you doing it again you'll get a time out," he scolded as he rounded the couch and took the boys pacifier from beneath him. He set it on the coffee table as Michael rolled onto his back, pouting upside down at him.

"No, Dee, no time outs. I'm sorry," Michael frowned.

"Good boy, here's your baba," Derek sat down and pulled Michael's upper body onto his lap. Michael got comfy, wiggling and shifting until he found a comfortable position cuddling into Derek where he could still see the tv. He accepted the bottle when he was comfortable, holding it loosely as he suckled the milk out, watching Derek flick through the recorded titles on the tv. When The Lion King was on and the opening credits started, Derek ran a gentle hand through Michael's hair.