[16]

"Daddy! Daddy look at me!" Michael yelled, giggling happily as he splashed around in the shallow end of the pool. Allison was a few feet away, laying on a floatie as she watched over Michael. Ashton looked up from where he was grilling burgers, smiling as he watched Michael clumsily climb out of the pool. The boy walked carefully up to the edge of the pool, pink bathing suit showing off his little, pale tummy, his swim diaper peeking out of his bottoms. The boy's rubber duck floaties slid against his arms as he bent his knees and jumped, screaming and giggling. He surfaced seconds later and smiled wide at Ashton.

"Good job, baby boy, what a big splash," Ashton praised, clapping his hands. Michael giggled, doggy paddling around the pool. Ashton turned back to the grill and started flipping burgers again.

"Aunty Aly look!" Michael yelled as he did a little summersault in the water. Allison's eyes widened at the name, her heart lifting.

"That's so awesome, Mikey," Allison smiled. He giggled, jumping on top of Allison as he growled like a puppy. Allison laughed, gently wrestling the boy in the water.

Six hours before, his little boy was bored and the hot weather was making him grumpy, so Derek agreed to let Ashton take Michael home with him for two entire days. Michael was beyond excited.

When he told the girls they were coming home, Lydia had closed the doors to the living room and demanded nobody peak until she was done.

"Mikey, baby, it's almost time to get out, okay? It's getting a bit cold," Ashton called.

"But I'm a fishy, daddy. Fishies can get out of the water," Michael argued, splashing the water for emphasis.

"Well if you stay in the water you can't eat burgers and watch movies and cuddle," Ashton pointed out, taking the burgers off of the grill.

"I out! I get out daddy!" Michael yelled, scrambling out of the pool. Allison took the food inside as Ashton wrapped Michael in a fluffy towel, picking the boy up.

"Let's get my boy in the bath," Ashton said, carrying Michael inside and towards the downstairs bathroom. The man set up Michael's bath and stripped him of his wet swimsuit.

"My little baby's gonna get all nice and clean. I get to cuddle all night with my boy. Would you like that? Cuddles all night long with daddy," Ashton spoke softly as he scrubbed soap into Michaels hair, getting behind his ears and around his neck.

"I cuddle all night with dadda," Michael nodded, smiling wide up at Ashton. The man leaned down and gently kissed Michaels nose, making the little boy giggle.

"I love you, baby boy," Ashton said, unaware of the two girls behind the open bathroom door, realizing how much love their friend had for the boy.

"I love you too, daddy," Michael replied sweetly.