[29]

"Can I get chicken fingers?" Michael asked with a rosy red blush on his cheeks. Ashton reached across the table and placed his hand on Michaels.

"You can get anything you want, baby," Ashton said with a reassuring smile. Michael looked down, bitting his lip as he peered at the menu.

"Hello boy's, y'all ready to order?" A woman asked loudly as she stopped beside their table with a pen and pad. Michael jumped, startled at her loud tone. Ashton comfortingly squeezed Michaels hand as he smiled up at the waitress.

"I'll have the pasta and my lovely date will have the chicken fingers and fries," Ashton said smoothly with small smile. The woman nodded, asking if they needed anything else before walking away. Ashton turned to Michael with a wider, warmer smile, softly squeezing his hand.

"How was your day with Derek and Stiles?" Ashton asked, taking a sip of his cola. Michaels eyes brightened, his body perking up slightly.

"Awesome! We watched Toy Story and-" Michael cut himself off when he realized how loud he was speaking and how many people had turned to look at him. Ashton didn't even notice it, he was so accustomed to the boy's loud, happy tone that he actually came to love it. Michael shrunk in on himself, clearing his throat.

"And you what, sweetie?" Ashton asked with an encouraging smile.

"And Stiles took me to the store with him and he bought me a new stuffie," Michael said in a soft, quiet tone. Now that, Ashton noticed.

"You feeling okay, baby?" Ashton asked, running his thumb against Michael's hand. The boy nodded, licking his lips as he looked around the restaurant. There were so many people, talking and laughing and he felt like they were all staring at him. Michael bit his lip, looking down as he took a deep breath. He didn't want to disappoint of embarrass Ashton.

"How was your day?" Michael asked, trying to throw
himself into a conversation.

"A little lonely without you," Ashton said cheekily, making Michael blush.

"I was doing boring work all day," Ashton said with a dramatic roll of his eyes. Michael giggled softly, making Ashton smile.

"There's that beautiful little giggle I love," Ashton cooed, making Michaels cheeks flare up more.

"Here you are boys," The two looked up at the waiters who they didn't see coming. The woman set their food down and smiled before walking away. The two unlatched their hands and began eating, Michael subconsciously looking around to see if anyone was looking at him. Ashton made small talk, their conversations flowing nicely. They were so used to and comfortable with each other that there were no awkward silences that typically come with a first date.

The peace however didn't last more than twenty minutes, when their hands were laced again and Ashton was watching Michael with a fond expression, two boys passed by their table.

"Freaks," One of them mumbled, tipping Michaels drink over so the liquid fell into his lap. Michael gasped, his hand falling from Ashton's, his eyes going wide and his breathing going ragged. He could barely hear Ashton cursing the two boys out and eventually punching one of them straight on the nose. Michael whimpered as he slid out of his seat and ran outside of the restaurant. He could feel himself wanting so bad to just slip, but he knew he couldn't. Tears fell from the boy's eyes as he ran to the end of the building and sat against the bricks, soft sobs leaving his mouth. The boy gripped his hair, rocking himself back and forth.

"Michael?" Ashton's voice rang out worriedly. Ashton looked around frantically, finally spotting the distressed boy. He ran over to him and dropped down beside him, tightly wrapping his arms around the boy's.

"I'm sorry!" Michael cried out.

"It's not you're fault baby, just slip. It's okay. Slip for me baby. Slip for daddy," Ashton whispered softly. The man grabbed his keys from his pocket before picking Michael up and taking the few steps to his car. He unlocked it, opened the back door and placed Michael in his seat. Ashton reached under the seat and pulled out an emergency baby bag. He unzipped it and pulled out a binkie, placing it to the boy's lips. Michael whimpered, sniffling as he took the rubber into his mouth and started suckling on it. Michael made soft whimpering noises as his eyes fluttered, his head lightly twitching with his sniffles. Ashton softly kissed the boy head before shutting the door. He was thinking about finding those horrible guys and beating them half to death, but contained himself as he got into the drivers seat.

------

When the two boys arrived home, Michael had fallen asleep with his binkie in his mouth and Ashton had fully calmed down. Ashton parked the car and swiftly pulled Michael out before heading upstairs. He knocked on the door and was let in by Lydia, who had chocolate stains on her shirt. He halted her questions with a shake of his head as he walked to his bedroom. Ashton walked him to his bedroom and pulled the blankets back and laid Michael down. The boy whined softly, his eyes fluttering open. Ashton hushed him as he grabbed a diaper and a pair of pajamas. He stripped Michael of his clothes and slipped on the diaper and pajamas, softly kissing the boys tummy.

"I'm sorry, daddy," Michael whispered shyly. Ashton sighed, sitting himself on the bed and pulling Michael into his lap.

"Baby, you have nothing to be sorry for. Those boys had no idea what they were talking about, you don't listen to them okay? You're my beautiful boy and I love you no matter what anyone says, alright?" Ashton spoke softly, brushing Michaels hair away from his forehead.

"Okay," Michael said with a sniffle. Ashton laid the boy down and laid beside him, covering their bodies with the warm blankets.

"I love you baby," Ashton said, kissing Michaels forehead. Michale snuggled into Ashton's chest, taking in the mans warmth.

"I love you too, daddy"