[15]

Michael giggled, gently kicking his feet as Ashton zipped up his footsies. The little boy squealed as Ashton picked him up, setting him on his hip.

"Is my baby boy hungry?" Ashton asked, carrying Michael to the kitchen where Allison and Lydia had cut the pizza into slices.

"Hungry! Hungry!" Michael cheered, giggling loudly. Ashton smiled as he set the boy in his high chair.

"Who's hungry?" A familiar voice asked. Michael gasped, looking up and smiling wide at his older brother. He slapped his hands happily against his tray as Derek kissed his cheek.

"Hi Dee! You home early" Michael said, giggling.

"I am home early. Stiles is coming over too," Derek said.

"Yay!" Michael cheered, clapping his hands together.

"Should I- uh- go now?" Ashton asked, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, trying to tread carefully in these new circumstances. Derek gave Ashton a friendly smile and a firm pat to the shoulder as he shook his head.

"Of course not," Derek said. Ashton smiled appreciatively, sighing out softly as he busied himself serving Michael two slices of cut up pizza. The boy giggled, stuffing his mouth with a few of the squares.

"Derek, it's nice to formally meet you. I'm Allison and this is my girlfriend, Lydia," The brunette said, holding her hand out for the man. Derek gave a friendly smile as he shook Allison's hand then Lydia's.

"It's nice to meet you two," he replied.

"Alright, where's my munchkin?" A voice said from the front door.

"I here!" Michael yelled through a mouthful of pizza.

"Mikey, don't talk with your mouth full," Ashton chided softly, wiping the corners of Michaels mouth with a wet napkin.

"Sorry, daddy," Michael giggled. Ashton cautiously looked up at Derek, receiving nothing but an accepting nod. Ashton smiled, gently kissing Michaels head.

"Hello, munchkin. I brought you sweets, you want one?" Stiles asked, holding up a bag of Hershey kisses. Michaels eyes widened, but then he looked up at Ashton and down at his tray still full of pizza.

"I can't," he said with a little frown.

"Why not?" Stiles questioned.

"Because daddy says no sweets until after Mikey finish his foods," Michael explained. Stiles smiled, looking up at Ashton, who blushed.

"Well, I think that's an excellent rule. I'll put your sweets in the cabinet and you can have them when you're all done, okay?" Stiles offered.

"Okay," Michael giggled as he stuffed another
piece of pizza in his mouth.

————

Michael opened his mouth, bared his teeth, and growled playfully at Ashton, jumping on top of the man and softly biting his shoulder.

"I bite you, daddy," Michael giggled, chewing on the sleeve of Ashton's tee shirt. Ashton chuckled, running his fingers through Michaels hair.

"Why are you biting me? That's not very nice," Ashton said.

"I bite you cause I'm a puppy," Michael said, licking Ashton's cheek and giving a little bark to prove his point.

"Well you are the cutest puppy I've ever seen," Ashton said, playfully tackling Michael onto the couch. Michael giggled uncontrollably as Ashton started tickling him.

"No tickle puppy! Daddy! Daddy, no tickle puppy!" Michael squeaked, giggling with his eyes squeezed shut. In that moment, as he stopped tickling Michael and the boy looked up at him with a breathless smile and an innocent look in his eyes, Ashton had never felt so much love and adoration for one person.

"Come on baby boy, cuddle with daddy and we'll watch a movie," Ashton sat back on the couch, patting his lap. Michael scrambled up, crawling between the mans legs, his back to his chest. Michael subconsciously played with his daddy's belt loops as he searched for a movie, oblivious to the way Ashton was lovingly looking down at him.

"I love you, daddy," Michael whispered, cuddling against Ashton's chest. Ashton smiled softly, kissing the top of Michaels head.

"I love you too, baby boy."