[18]

Michael peeked his head around the corner of the kitchen, his pink blanket draped around his shoulders. The boy quickly retreated behind the corner when Ashton turned his head. He slapped a hand over his mouth to conceal his giggles. Michael brushed the hair away from his forehead as he peered into the kitchen again.

"Boo!" He shouted as he jumped into the kitchen. Ashton gasped dramatically, clutching his chest and breathing hard while Michael giggled.

"My silly baby," Ashton chuckled, picking Michael
up and placing him on his hip.

"Daddy, why you cook Mickey Mouse?!" Michael questioned with a panicked expression, his eyes directed at the pancake batter sizzling in a hot pan. Ashton looked down and chuckled softly, shaking his head.

"It's pancake batter, silly baby," Ashton said. Michael made an 'O' shape with his mouth, watching as Ashton flipped the Mickey shaped pancake.

"Can I has chocolate chips in my Mickey?" He asked.

"Of course you can," Ashton hummed. He took the pancake out of the pan and set it on a plate.

"Hey baby, did you like spending the night at daddy's house? I know it's not too big and there's not a ton of space but it was okay, right?" Ashton asked as he carried Michael and the plate of pancakes to the table. He set the boy down on a chair and started cutting his pancakes into little squares.

"I loved it, daddy. I love being anywhere as long as you is wif me," Michael smiled sweetly, his head tilting back so he could look up at the man. Ashton lost his breath for a second, heart completely melting in his chest. He leaned down and kissed Michaels forehead, running his fingers through his hair.

"Eat your pancakes baby boy," Ashton smiled, handing Michael a fork. The boy giggled as he took the fork and started eating.

"Is Minnie gonna be mads that I eating Mickey?" Michael asked in an adorably weary voice. Ashton chuckled, shaking his head as he dropped some more batter into the pan.

"No baby, it's just a pancake remember?" Ashton said.

"Oh... I knew that," Michael nodded. The boy stuffed a bite of pancake into his mouth as Allison and Lydia came walking into the kitchen.

"Ashton, Lydia's being a bitch," Alison said with an exaggerated smile as she grabbed the orange juice from the fridge. Lydia rolled her eyes as she sat at the table next to Michael. The boy turned his head and looked at Ashton with curious eyes.

"Daddy, what's a bitch?" The boy asked.

"It's a very bad word that aunty Aly will be standing in the corner for saying," Ashton explained, glaring at the girl as he pointed to the corner. Allison gaped at him, an argument visually reading on her tongue. Ashton pointedly looked to Michael, then pointed to the corner again. She sighed, looking at Michael then at Ashton before rolling her eyes in defeat and walking to the corner.

"You wouldn't be in the corner if you weren't such an asshat," Lydia teased, smirking triumphantly.

"Daddy, what's an asshat?" Michael tilted his head.

"Lydia, corner!"