[20]

"Little pony so silly," Michael mumbled to himself as he played with a small, pink pony that came in his happy meal. The boy rolled to lay on his back on the floor of Ashton's apartment, his arms raised with his pony in his hands. He kicked his legs back and forth, mumbling to himself as his daddy worked on something with aunty Aly.

Michael dropped his pong with a huff, rolling onto his tummy and pushing himself up onto his hands and knees. He grabbed his pacifier from the coffee table and popped it into his mouth before crawling forward. He shuffled through the kitchen and pawed at the door where he knew his daddy was working.

Michael grunted when there was no response, pawing at the door a bit harder, yelling over his binkie for his daddy. A few moments later the large white door opened and Michael had to tilt his head back to smile up at his daddy.

"Hey little one, you get lonely?" Ashton cooed. The boy nodded, sitting on his butt so he could make grabby hands for his daddy. Ashton gently gripped his boys hips and hoisted him up onto his hip. Ashton carried Michael into the room and shut the door behind them. Aunty Aly was sitting in the corner with a guitar in her arms, smiling small as Ashton sat with Michael in his lap. Michael curled into Ashton's chest, sucking on his binky quietly.

"Daddy and Aly sing to Mikey?" Michele asked in an sweetly. Ashton smiled softly down at his little boy, kissing his forehead.

"Sure, baby," Ashton nodded. Michael laid his head against Ashton's chest, his binkie bobbing between his lips as Allison started strumming her acoustic. Ashton sang softly as he rocked Michael in his arms. Ashton kissed Michaels forehead, hearing his boy giggle behind his binkie.

He sang and rocked until he could see the boys eyes fluttering and eventually slip shut.

Allison watched Ashton watch Michael. Allison watched and admired the way Ashton gently played with Michaels fragile fingers and ran his hand along his back. Allison watched as Ashton's voice got softer when Michaels eyes slowly started to shut. She watched the loving glint in Ashton's eyes as he slowly leaned down to kiss the boy's forehead.

She slowly stopped her strumming, silencing the guitar with her fingers before carefully placing it down.

"You really love him, huh?" She asked in a whisper. Ashton looked up at his friend then down at Michael, smiling warmly at his boy.

"I do. I really do."