[17]

Lydia led the three towards the living room, stopping in front of the door and gesturing dramatically.

"I worked very hard on this for our dear Mikey, and I call it 'castle del Mikey'," Lydia explained, dramatically swinging the doors to the living room open. Michaels eyes widened, his lips parting on a gasp. The boy giggled as he ran up to Lydia and hugged her.

"This is awesome, aunty Lyds," Michael squeaked, kissing the girl's face. Lydia chuckled, hugging Michael tightly.

"This is actually really cool," Allison said, crawling into the fort that Lydia made. Michael crawled in next, giggling when Allison gently tackled him and started blowing raspberries on his belly.

Ashton and Lydia grabbed them hot chocolate, popcorn, and candy before crawling into the fort. Ashton pulled Michael into his lap, gently kissing the boys cheek.

"Daddy, you open this? Please," Michael asked as he held a bag of m&ms in front of Ashton. The man hummed, peeling a bit of the side so Michael could shake them out.  Ashton leaned back and cradled Michael in his arms, the boy situating himself so his back and head was resting against Ashton's chest and stomach. Ashton spread his legs so Michael fit comfortably in between. Allison put on Rise of The Guardians before pulling Lydia to her chest.

"Daddy my cup is too hot," Michael pouted, his eyebrows knitting as he turned to Ashton, pointing to his cup of hot chocolate. Ashton pulled his shirt top off– still covered by a black tank top– wrapping it around Michaels cup and gently guiding the boy's hands to it. Michael smiled, tightly gripping the cup over his daddy's shirt, blowing on the drink before taking a small sip.

"That better, princess?" Ashton asked.

"Better, daddy. Thank you," Michael smiled, turning to look at the screen. Ashton smiled, leaning back and admiring his pretty baby.

He never really thought he'd end up like this. 20 years old, living with his two friends, asexual and taking care of a seventeen year old boy in headspace. He never could have guessed that it would turn out this way but he wouldn't change a thing. He had loving friends and a beautiful baby boy that made him happy about waking up in the morning.

"Daddy." The little voice called in a whisper, bringing the man out of his thoughts. Ashton looked down and Michael, the little boy's legs and arms covered in tiny goosebumps.

"Daddy, I cold," Michael pouted around his thumb.

"I'll be right back, baby boy," Ashton said, carefully standing up from behind Michael. Ashton jogged over to his bedroom and grabbed the pink fluffy blanket that he saw at Walmart and instantly knew he needed to buy. He picked up a pink pacifier on his way out of the room and made his way back into the fort. Ashton laid on his back, holding his arms out for Michael. The boy gladly laid his head on his daddy's chest, curling up on the man's side. Ashton wrapped the fluffy blanket around the boy, replacing his thumb with the pacifier.

————

Ashton's eyes fluttered open slowly, the coldness of the living room causing goosebumps to cover his skin. Michael was shivering beside him, his blanket kicked off and his bare arms and legs exposed to the cold air. Ashton looked over at Allison and Lydia cuddled up under a big blanket. The man slowly sat up, bringing Michaels small body up with him.

Ashton climbed out of the fort with Michael in his arms and quietly made his way to his bedroom. He settled in his bed, cradling Michael on his chest as he covered their bodies with his blankets. Michael's eyes fluttered open, a soft whine leaving his lips.

"Daddy?" He called in a whisper.

"I'm right here, baby boy. Just sleep, daddy's got you," Ashton soothed. Michael nodded, cuddling into Ashton's chest with a yawn.

"I love you, daddy," he whispered. Ashton kissed Michaels head, pulling the blankets tighter around them.

"I love you so much, my beautiful boy."