[28]

Michael pursed his lips, staring at himself in the mirror as he tried to will himself to leave Derek's guest bedroom. The boy was extremely nervous, he was waiting for Ashton to arrive so they could go on their first date. Michael was terrified that he wouldn't be able to handle being out in public for so long out of his headspace. The small amount of times he's been out of headspace, he's been in the comfort and warmth of Ashton's apartment.

"Mikey, sweetie, Ashton's here," Stiles called as he knocked on the door. Michael nervously opened it, his eyes wide and his cheeks flushed. Stiles cooed, brushing Michaels hair away from his forehead.

"I'm scared," Michael whimpered, pushing himself into stiles' chest. Stiles stroked Michaels hair, hushing the boy softly.

"There's nothing to be scared about, Mikey. We all know Ashton's would never hurt you," Stiles soothed.

"It's not Ashton I'm scared of. It's me," Michael whispered softly.

"What do you mean, bub?" Stiles asked. Michael sniffled, looking up at Stiles as he took a step back.

"What if I slip in the middle of the restaurant and I embarrass Ashton and he doesn't want to be with me anymore? At all." Michael hiccuped softly, wiping tears from his cheeks. Stiles sighed softly, taking Michael into his chest again.

"No matter what you do, Ashton wouldn't leave you unless you told him to. Don't worry, sweetie, you'll be just fine," Stiles assured. Michael sniffled, nodding his head as Stiles let him go. The boy grabbed his jacket and wiped his tears, sniffling softly.

"I'm gonna send him in, okay?" Stiles said. Michael nodded, wiping under his eyes as he pushed hair away from his forehead. A few seconds later, Ashton walked into the room with a small pink flower in his hand.

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" Ashton asked, cupping Michaels cheek and stroking it with his thumb. The boy smiled, leaning in to the soft touch.

"Nothing anymore," He said softly, pushing himself against Ashton's chest. Ashton carded his fingers through Michael's hair, kissing the boy's forehead.

"You ready to go?" Ashton asked, smiling as he pulled away from their hug. Michael nodded, smiling up at the man as they laced their fingers together. Ashton led Michael out of the room and into the living room where Derek and stiles were sitting.

"You two have fun," Derek said, smiling as he got up from the couch and pressed a kiss to Michaels forehead. "Take care of my baby brother," Derek said as he reached his hand out. Ashton nodded, shaking Derek's hand with a confident grip.

"Always," Ashton said. Derek patted Ashton's shoulder before the two left the house.