Am i on speaker? Pt. 3

Caitlin's POV

It seemed whatever anger or dislike Debby and I had towards each other was gone as soon as Clementine and Sean walked out the door. Soon enough Debby and I had our eyes glued to the kitchen window in her house, seeing it had the clearest view, with its blinds halfway open, and facing the middle of the backyard, where Clementine and Sean had walked out to have their semi private talk. I had my reasons to look out the window as I could not stand the thought off Sean laying a hand on Clementine, I assumed Debby was there to see and give her brother moral support afterwords, but her facile expression showed more curiosity than anything else.

Clementine's back was to me as she looked up at Sean with her hands behind her back. Sean had his arms crossed but kept a reasonable distance. I could see his mouth move every once in a while and I struggled to make out what they were talking about although I knew it was no use.

Frowning I stared as Sean walked a few steps back and gestured to a wheel swing that happened to be attached to the tree in the big backyard. Clementine gingerly proceeded to sit on the wheel and they continued to speak.

It looked like this was going to take a while. Sighing I glanced at Debby who had her lips pursed as she quietly observed the two outside. On the contrary to Debby and I's comfortable silence, her parents and my dad were loudly speaking about the incident and coming to terms with a resolution, or more like dad was trying to press on his thoughts to them as they heard him out unsurely.

"Kids these days," Mr Johnson attempted to defend Sean by shaking his head disappointedly and speaking in a strong voice, "They let their emotions get the best of them. It's all just... Part of growing up."

This was Sean and Debby's dad, who had his doubts but was willing to listen to what my father had to say. He was protective over his children. His wife was equally as protective with a cooling stare she had curly dark hair telling me who Debby took after. And Although they seemed to want the best for their son they were hesitant to face the fact that he had a problem and agree with my fathers idea about putting Sean in anger management therapy.

"Sean doesn't mean any harm," Ms Johnson said trying to back up her husbands words, and my eyes threatened to roll, 'doesn't mean any harm,' my ass.

"He just got a little out of line-"

"Mr and Ms. Johnson I don't think you understand the seriousness of the situation, yes we all have our moments with hard emotions but what he did.." My dad clenched his jaw, "was more than an emotional breakout."

He pulled out a paper from the laminated file he had brought.

"This is the doctors personal analysis with my daughters injury."

Wordlessly he handed them each a copy and they trailed their eyes over the sheet.

"The boy needs help," my father said which ultimately triggered something in Ms. Johnson.

"My son's not crazy!" She burst out standing up defensively.

"Linda!" Her husband said looking up at her, stunned.

"He's not crazy George!" Ms Johnson shook, desperately looking at him
then at my dad,
and then,
at me.

"He didn't mean to..." Her voice faded and she looked like she was about to break down.