We're What?!

Clementine's P.O.V

I'm running fast...

"Isn't this fun papa?!" I squeal, as the beach sandy cold water hit my legs.

My cheeks where flushed, from the lack of sun, and fierce cold breeze.

"Really really fun!" He said in his thick Australian accent. He grabbed me and twirled me with his long tanned arms, my papa is warm even though it's cold.

I squeal, and let go falling on my feet making a soft swish as my feet hit the warm sand.

This was one of the sweet moments from when my papa was still here.

"How was your day, my champion!" He would ask I always felt like he wanted a boy.

"It was good, Randy made a home run!" I was in the mini junior league, I don't really like baseball but I go to the games because papa likes sports.

"Good, good." He was a mumbler, and since he wrote for the local newspaper and for news articles he would spend a lot of time at home. When I was growing up I saw more of him than my mom, causing the slight accent. I don't like it, because I'm not foreign so I get weird looks. Personally I don't think I look like my dad, he had dark brown eyes, little downward lashes, black thick hair, and a muscular figure. Papa was never a tall man, he was only taller than mum by like two inches, and she's 5'4.

I feel something pulling me, it's probably just the icy wind, it makes me lose my breath.

"Mommy! Hey Mommy! Come play with us!" I yelled,
Mom turned to us, her eyes happy.

"Ok sweety. We'll play, hold on don't get too close to the current," She held my hand while papa held my other. Again I feel that pull. My breath felt hitched.

"One. Two.. Three!" They yelled in unison.

I squeal, but then they lose there grip... I look to them startled. The strange pull is hard, as if pulling my neck, I can't breathe right. Their smiling faces start to fade, gently, softly. Their faces smother. And bit by bit until I can't see them.

*****

My bed is so cold. It's freezing! I shot up from the pillow.

There's something in my room. I can feel it I feel the eyes on me. I shoot my eyes around until I spot the figure. I jump once I realize who it is.

"W-What are you doing here?!" I find myself yelling as I shrink back. Wondering if this is a nightmare.

Fear grows, as she simply stares at me, amused.

Climbing off my bed, I lean my weight on my good foot. No way am I sleeping next to her.

Caitlin blinks, she's suddenly upset.

I back up close the wall, she grinned in a evil way, walking up to me, she's taller, way taller.

"Are you afraid?" She asked her voice sharp.

I gulp. And stay quiet.

She got mad at this. "Say something!" She demands.

Unwillingly I look up, the moonlight flashed her face, just enough to see her mean eyes, she blinks.

"Why did you do that!?" She looked at me angry.

"Do wh-" I get cut off as she grabbed my collar, and pushed me back almost hitting the wall, and my hands shoot to my head I look up at her.

"Why did you kiss him?!" She was seething at me.