I do

Hi,
have a quick chap since i havent updated in a while ><

Clementine's POV

"Do you have something to say to me?" I ask Caitlin frankly, as she paces around the room.

Seeing her stressed out was somehow airing into me and I was bothered.

Suddenly she slumpped down next to me and sighed a long sigh.

"I wish," she said, " We could just run away." Grimacing she leaned onto me .

"What's wrong," I asked softer than before coaxing her to spill.

"Our parents are getting married Clem what are we supposed to do? What if one day we have guests and they're like 'oh welcome we are married and these are our daughters they're dating but don't worry they're not blood sisters xoxo" She rambled.

I resisted to laugh that situation would probably never happen I was pleased that she was thinking ahead and-

Wait.

Did she say 'Dating'?

"Technically we're not dating." I mumbled.

"What? We're not?" Caitlin suddenly looked vulnerable, scooting away.

"Well we never made it official." I replied, pulling my knees up to my chest. Defensive myself.

"Oh," Caitlin said softening.

Her face quickly went ablaze, "Well do you want to?"

"Well now I'm not so sure," I said trying to use my most indifferent tone, I mean, what kind of proposal was that? Of course I wanted to but that way of asking was so bad.

"What?" Caitlin said sensitively, her eyebrows nitting.

I looked away from her and smirked.

"What the.. Hey!" She snapped coming too close and knocking me down.

"Are you serious?" She asked tentively, and even though she was hovering over me, she looked too bashful for me to stop messing with her.

"What do you think?" I responded, Caitlin stared at me for a moment, blinked and started to smirk herself.

"You tell me," she said coyly.

"Um.. Sisters.. with benefits?" I struggled, my face flushing at her proximity.

"Ew," she said sticking her tongue out, "No. I like you, date me." She commanded but that still wasn't what I was looking for she didn't sound serious, giving her a look of displeasure, "I'll consider it." I said leaning on my elbows and attempting to get up.

Caitlin blocked me, "Wait, what do you want me to say, you're starting to make me feel hopeless Clem.. " She blinked slowly and leaned down.

Her words caught me by surprise and I could hear my heart beat, as I tried to come up with something smart to say but she was inching closer and my face was flushing again.
"Wai-"

"I keep thinking, you're right here but I'm still thinking about you, I always want to talk with you, to see you. I want to touch you, and my heart.. It's beating so fast...
I know you feel it too, y-you're so red," she chucked shakily leaning back up and pulling me to sit with her.

"I'm afraid," she murmured, "If things go wrong I won't get to see you like this anymore, I won't be able to-" Her eyes teared over and she darted her gaze away from me.

I quickly went to touch her face, guilt settling in the pit of my stomach for messing with her when she was obviously uncertain.

"It will be okay, that won't happen," I said attempting to sooth her but her red eyes blinked hard,