Touchy feely

Clementines POV

"Hey..."

"Hey," Cindy said again reaching for my phone that I immediately clicked off and now faced down on the table.

"I'm sorry, um it's the m-memes..." I lied.

Cindy bit her lip, "liar, we're supposed to be hanging out Clemmy but you don't even look up at me. I'm beginning to feel left out."

I opened my mouth and shut it realizing she was right and the slight pink under her eyes.

"Im sorry Cindy, are you ok? You don't look so ho-"

Cindy glared.

"Good I-I meant good.." I breathed out holding back a laugh.

She softened, "I started a part time and with band and school it's stressing."
"I miss you."

"Aw Cindy-" I began not noticing her fingers inching towards my cell.

"AHA! So you have gotten close. What the heck, why? I don't understand!" Cindy said annoyed when she clicked my phone on.

"What," I said dumbly, "How?"

"Because why would you get close with someone who looks like your old bully."

".. What."

"Stop acting dumb," Cindy glared, "I remember you crying on the phone and how that bitch hurt you, you said she was blonde and tall, with a mean face. I wouldn't be friends with someone who looks anywhere near that if I were you."

"Cindy..." I muttered my head starting to pound as I remembered.

Whipping my nose with my sleeve and calling Cindy all the time and hiding under my bed as I cried about not wanting to go to school the next day.

But it's different now Caitlin is gentle and soft and she wouldn't ever...

Do that again.. Or would- no... no! She wouldn't I'm sure..

"Are you ok?" Cindy asked dragging me back to reality.

"Y-yeah."
"I'm fine."

Cindy shut off the phone and looked to me again.

"You don't look it, spit it out."

"Can you no- um Cindy I don't want to talk about it."

"You can't just push it away for ever Clemmy, listen you can talk to me okay? I'll always be here."

I looked up at her, her familiar brown green eyes and her freckles.

I wanted to cry.

"I miss you." I said starting to sniffle. Cindy always picked up the phone and always listened and was always steadily holding me.

"Don't cry you big baby you'll make me cry," she smiled reaching for my arm that I let her grab and hold as we made our way out of the parlor and into the outside.

-

"Hey," Caitlin said cheeky as she shut the fridge and sipped on a juice box.

She really liked those things.

"Did you see the gif I sent? Pretty cute huh?" She continued waiting for me to reply.

I stared at her, her stature and her eyes were intimidating but she was slouching and grinning and was soft.

I said I loved her so why am I...

I shook my head.

"You didn't even see it," She whined and approached me, and my eyes fell on her mouth.

Instinctively I felt my eyes close and I waited.

Quickly I opened them blushing out of embarrassment only to see Caitlin with the same expression her cheeks pinking and her eyes surprised.

"I'm sorry I um I- I'm going up stairs." I said ashamed and turned but then I felt the tiny grip on my shoulder and I turned back.

"I want to," She said flushed. "I want to kiss you."

I blinked and suddenly the itty tension biting at me eased and my heart beat increased.

She's so cute!!

"What are you waiting for," I mumbled reaching for her face and pulling her into me.

The feeling of her breath mixing with mine and pressure of her lips and the tiny taste of juice were all confirmations.

I like you, I want to touch you, I love you, I want to feel you.

I felt my face flush and I pulled back.

Caitlin opened her eyes and with her fingertips she inched me back until I was slumped on the sofa with her smirking over me.

Her mouth pressed onto mine greedily and her hair covered us like a curtain. It's intimate and alone. I looked for her eyes finding them green with envy. And glaring right at me.

I flinched. Pushing her back, "s-stop."

"What's wrong Clem." She said and I looked at her sharply her were eyes warm and worried.

What's wrong with me?

"No it's nothing, I'm sorry," I murmured pushing my face into her chest and feeling her fingers run through my hair.

"Are you sure? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm ok," I mumbled, her scent filling my nose. The smell of vanilla.

It was rich and creamy but it stung my nose a little.

-
-
-
-

👁👄👁 hello, small update considering it's half of what I usually write when I plan to upload but publishing like this feels so satisfying. >v< ok byeeee