Chapter 9 - Meth

(Sunday, October, 26th, 2011)

Early this morning Marshall, and I talked everything out. I guess he's right, if Kevin goes to jail life will be a little easier. Since this morning I've been in my pajamas all day not wanting to do anything because I'm lazy.

The girls are upstairs in their bedrooms working on last minute homework. Marshall, and I are chilling in the studio not even working, just fooling around.

"You're so stupid-" I said, and my phone started ringing. It's my mom! I picked up the phone, and placed it to my ear.

"Hey mom" I said.

"Hey baby, how are you?" She asked.

"Pretty good, when are you coming back" I said.

"Meghan" My mom sighed. "I think your gonna have to come down to New York" She said.

"Why? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Brandon.. He passed away last night" She said, and I almost dropped the phone.

"Your playing around, right?" I asked.

"No baby, he really passed away" My mom said, and she sounded like she was about to cry.

"No, no, no!" I started to cry. "How did this happen?" I asked while tears were going down my cheeks. Marshall held my hand, and started rubbing it.

"He overdosed on meth" My mom said, and I started to hear her sniffling.

"Mom I need to call you later" I said while still wiping away my tears. We hung up after saying our goodbyes, and I instantly started crying even more.

Brandon was my best, best friend when Devon dropped out of school, and left New York. He was like a brother to me. Brandon started abusing drugs after we had dropped out of school, but his favorite was crystal meth. Athena, and I tried to stop him from going down that path but he wouldn't listen.

"Baby what happened" Marshall said while holding onto my hands.

"H-h-he's gone" I stuttered.

"Who's gone?" Marshall asked, and pulled me into his arms.

"My friend Brandon, I should've stopped him when I had the chance" I said while crying on Marshall's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry" Marshall said, and rubbed my back in a circular motion. I sat back down in the seat I was sitting in, and sat there emotionless. "We'll go down to New York Tuesday morning, okay baby" Marshall said, and I nodded my head. The meth took away my homie.

******************************

It's now Monday, the girls went to school, and will be a Kim's all week. I'm now getting ready for my doctors appointment to deal with my leg. Last night I wrote all my feelings, and thoughts into a song. It helps me get through my problems, but I just lost one of my best friends.

I quickly slip on Marshall's sweats because there big, and I'm able to slip my left leg with the cast on it, into the pants. After I put on the sweats, I put Marshall's hoodie on over my black teeshirt. I then tie my shoe up on my right leg, and I get into the wheelchair rolling myself out of the bedroom.

"Nice outfit" Marshall says as I get downstairs.

"Your clothes are warm, and comfortable" I say, and lightly smile.

"You ready to go?" Marshall asked, and I nodded my head yes.

Marshall helped me outside, and into the car. While Marshall drove I held his hand, and thought about all the memories I had with Brandon. I mean, he was the first person I started rapping with.