Chapter 20 - Let Me Get Drunk First

(Friday, November, 14th, 2011)

Once I got home I changed into a sports bra, and a pair of shorts. I went into the basement, and started letting my anger out on the punching bag. Marshall always has to ruin my fun, and what his brother did today, I'm so done.

"Maegan! Where are you" I heard Marshall yell.

Oh shit here we go.

I chose to ignore him, and continue to hit the punching bag with my bare hands. The basement door flys open, and Marshall stands there, glaring at me.

"What the fuck Maegan?!" Marshall yells, and walks closer to me as I'm still punching the bag. "Giving some girl a lap dance, popping pills, didn't you think I would find out?" Marshall asks me.

"You probably did the same thing while you were with Kim, calm down" I said, and avoided looking at him in his face.

"My relationship with Kim doesn't have anything to do with this" Marshall says.

"Yeah whatever" I say, and I stop punching the punching bag, backing up from it.

"Your knuckles are bleeding" Marshall points out, and I look down to see my hands all bloody from punching the bag with my bare hands.

"Whatever" I mumble.

"What's up with shit with Nate?" Marshall asks, and I walk out of the basement. "Could you maybe, answer my question?" Marshall says while following me.

I completely ignore him, and continue walking. Marshall then grabs my arm, turning me around making me face him.

"He put his hands on me that's what he did!" I yell, and pull my arm back. I walk up the stairs, and he's still on my ass, following me.

"Did you at least ask him why he did it? I know my brother isn't just gonna put his hands on a girl for no reason" Marshall says.

"Well he did it for no reason Marshall. I didn't do shit to him" I say, and walk into our bedroom.

"You've gotta be lying" Marshall says.

"Lying?! Why the fuck would I lie about someone putting their hands on me" I say, and I pull of my shorts, putting on a pair of jeans. "You're just taking your brothers side cause he's your brother" I roll my eyes.

"I'm not! It's just he wouldn't do that" Marshall says, and I throw on a grey sweatshirt. "Now where are you going?" Marshall asks as I slip on my timberlands.

"Anywhere but here if we're gonna argue" I say, and walk out the room then down the stairs.

"We're talking about this when you come back!" Marshall yells while trying to keep up with me.

"Yeah, let me get drunk first" I say, and walk out of the house, slamming the door behind me, then getting into Marshall's other car.

As I backed up the car, Marshall stood on the porch, and watched. He dragged his hands down his face then walked into the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

******************************

I parked the car in the studio parking lot, and took the key out so the car didn't make noise. I took off my seatbelt, and slouched in the seat, sighing. Grabbing my small bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey, I popped the top off, and drank some of it. Marshall's gonna be livid when I come back but, at least I won't go back drunk, a couple sips ain't gonna hurt.

It's currently three am, and I've been riding around for about an hour, just to trying to calm myself down. The whole situation with Nate is really bothering me, like what did I expect to happen, because of course Marshall's gonna take his brother's side.

As I took another sip from the bottle, I noticed someone walking out of studio, Royce. I'm guessing he noticed me too because he started walking towards the car. Royce tapped on the passenger side window, and I put the key in the car, then rolled down the window.

"What are you doing here?" Royce asked, and leaned against the passenger side door.

"Thinking" I said, and placed the bottle of whiskey back down in the cup holder.

"Somethings bothering you. Wanna talk about it?" Royce asked.

"No, I'm fine Royce, seriously" I smiled at him, and he opened up the door, getting into the car with me.

"What happened?" Royce asked.

"I was at a party, Nate was there, and he ended up putting his hands on me. So many other things happened at the party, now Marshall, and I are at it" I said quietly.

"I'm not trying to judge you but, you come here to drink whiskey?" Royce asks, and points to the bottle.

"I guess so, but it's a little bottle, it's not like I'm gonna get drunk" I said.

"Go home, and fix your problem with Marshall instead of drinking. Maegan, I understand what your going through, it's not worth it. Look at me, I almost lost my wife due to drinking, do you wanna lose Marshall?" Royce asks me.

"No" I mumbled.

"Then go home, leave the car here, and I'll drive you" Royce said, and moved his head in direction of his car before getting out of the car. I sighed but still took the keys out, and hopped out the car along with him.

When Royce dropped me off at the house, I waited outside for a bit. Once I got my thoughts collected I stood up from the porch, and put my house key into the door. I dropped the keys down on the table, and walked to the kitchen since the light was on.

"Hey" I said quietly to Marshall, who was making a sandwich on the counter.

"I fixed the couch for you" Marshall said, without even looking my way.

"We can't talk about this?" I asked.

"No" Marshall said, and I sighed, walking to the living room.

I kicked off my shoes, and dropped down on the couch, then turning on the tv. A couple tears rolled down my cheeks, and I wiped them away but they just kept coming.

"What's wrong" Marshall came up to me, and asked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing" I lied, and he sat next to me on the couch.

"Okay, let's talk about this" Marshall said.

(A/N: Thoughts on this chapter?? I don't know how I feel about it.

QOTD -  Who/what makes you happy?

AOTD - Eminem, music, and food

till the next chapter <3

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE!

&&'

COMMENT! )