Chapter 33 - Valentine's Day

(Saturday, February, 14th, 2012)

It's been about a month living back in New York, and I'm not gonna lie, I've gotten a lot more songs written. It must be the environment. Marshall surprised me once, and honestly it was the best weekend ever.

Also, I attended the Grammys in California two days ago. It was nice though, I went with Athena.. it was an experience. My song with Chris Brown, and Wanye won best rap performance, it was very unexpected.

Anyways though, today's Valentine's Day and I'm all alone. Times like this I wish I was in Detroit with Marshall. I got to talk to him this morning though, he called me when he woke up.

To get my mind off things, I walked out of my bedroom and across the hall to my little studio, and grabbed my notebook from the shelf.

(This is Maegan's penthouse.. where the red chairs are up on the second floor we're gonna pretend there's a studio there)

 where the red chairs are up on the second floor we're gonna pretend there's a studio there)

As I laid down on the couch, I mumbled the words to my verse for Kanye's song Mercy. I fixed a couple of the lines until I was happy with the way it's sounded. After I memorized my verse, I got up from the couch, and walked over to the mic.

"Yuugh! It's prime time, my top back, this pimp game, ho" I rapped into the mic.

"I'm bill-droppin', Ms. Pac-Man, this pill poppin'-ass ho
I'm poppin' too, these blue dolphins need two coffins" I continued, and moved my hand to the beat.

"He take his time, he counts it out
I weighs it up, that's real money
Check the neck, check the wrist" I had my eyes closed as I rapped, and I was just in the zone.

"Them heads turnin', that's exorcist-- AHH!!" I screamed as I felt someone's hands on my shoulder.

I threw my headphones off, making them fall of the desk, and turning around quickly ready to hit someone.

"Hey babe" Marshall stood there smiling at me.

"Fuck you" I said as I threw my leg up, and kicked him. "You scared the living shit outta me" I said, and covered my face as I was embarrassed.

"I'm sorry" Marshall chuckled, and I rolled my eyes as he pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me.

"Wait.." I said as I laid my head on his chest. "How'd you get in here..?" I asked, and pulled my head back looking at him in his face.

"I stole your extra key last time I was here.." Marshall said, and turned around walking out of the studio.

"So that's where it went.." I said, and started following him downstairs.

"Happy Valentine's Day" Marshall said, quickly grabbing these beautiful red and white roses of my kitchen counter, handing them to me.