Chapter 11 - Funeral

(Wednesday, October, 29th, 2011)

Today's Brandon's funeral, and I'm so not ready. I'm ready to stay in my apartment but I need to go, and say my last goodbyes. I'm wearing a long sleeve black dress that goes a little above my knee, and a pair of all black converse.

I did my makeup, and let my hair down from my braids I had put in early this morning. It left my hair wavy, and I walked out the bathroom. Before leaving my bedroom I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, and grabbed my necklace then put it around my neck.

"I'm ready" I said as I came out of the bedroom. I threw on my black leather jacket, and sighed.

"Okay" Marshall said, and linked our hands as we left my apartment.

We got into a car, and Liam took us to the church where we were going to be able to see Brandon before going to the cemetery. Brandon's mom, Marie wants me to say something since we were very close. I'm going to do it because I'm not going to let Marie down, but I feel like I'm going to cry in front of everyone.

Marshall, and I had gotten out of the car, walking to the church. A bunch of people pointed at us, I'm guessing there fans, and that this is gonna be on the news later. Speaking of which, paparazzi came out of nowhere, and started to take a bunch of pictures of us. Marshall, and I kept our heads down just walking straight into the church. After we got inside they shut the door behind us so fans wouldn't try to come in.

I took my jacket off since it was hot, and placed it in my arms. Marshall then took it for me, and held it. Everyone was crying, pointing at Marshall, and I. It's weird. I walked down the aisle with Marshall, and met up with Marie. I instantly embraced her warmly then sat down with my mom, Athena, Devon, and Marshall in a row.

The priest started talking, I wasn't listening, my mind drifted off somewhere else thinking about Brandon. All of our memories together, everything we've been through, it hurts.

"And now I believe someone had something to say" The priest said, and Marshall rubbed my leg knowing that I had to go up there. I slowly got up, and walked to where the priest was standing at the microphone.

"Hi" I said into the microphone, my voice was all shaky but I continued.

"Most of you may know me as MG, but today I'm just Meghan. A regular girl from the Bronx, who had a great friend" I said, and cleared my voice before I continued.

"Brandon was my best friend for many years. I first met Brandon in high school, at the time my friend Devon had moved to Detroit, and I had no one else. Brandon was fun, and outgoing, instantly making him popular. I was the exact opposite for a while. I was quiet, and nervous when talking to new people. Brandon helped me to become more outgoing. When Brandon taught me to become more outgoing I was a whole different person causing me to do new things, and after that we started rapping together. The more time I spent with Brandon, the more I came out of my shell. Brandon was one of those people that you could talk to for hours on end without getting bored. I would think it had been only twenty minutes until I would look at the clock, and realize that it had been three hours. It was hard to be quiet or shy around Brandon without him doing something to cause attention. Brandon was someone that you could always count on to be there. He was one of three other people that I had like that outside of family, and I will forever remember him for that. Brandon may have gotten some new friends that brought him down the wrong path, and into a lot of trouble but he was a truly amazing person. Thank you" I said, and walked off the stage.

I was on the verge of crying but I wasn't, I'm going to say strong like my mom said. Anyways, Brandon wouldn't have wanted everyone sad, and crying over his death.