Chapter 26 - Turkeys Flying

(Monday, November, 24th, 2011)

It's been almost a week since I was arrested. Marshall has been very difficult, and he's very distant with me. I had court two days after I had been arrested, it was the worst. They asked so many questions. The judge even brought up my past with alcohol, all the times I went into the hospital for alcohol poisoning, and this not being my first DWI.

Long story short, the judge put me in this program, AA meetings or whatever. It could be a lot worse, I could be in jail. I'm going to these meetings to make Marshall happy, even though I'm pretty sure he still wants to kill me.

As I finished cooking up Thanksgiving dinner, I had music playing in the kitchen. I moved my hips to the slow beat, and sighed, how do I make things better? I picked up a empty wine glass from the counter, and stared at it.

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before

As the song continued, I stared intensively at the empty wine glass. The more I stared the more the glass pissed me off.

Ouch, I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
Lost myself again, and I feel unsafe

I shattered the glass with my bare hand, and groaned loudly since the glass cut up my skin.

"Breaking shit now, huh?" Marshall's voice came from behind me, and I turned around, looking at him.

"Don't start" I said, and started cleaning up the glass from the floor.

"You annoy the fuck outta me" Marshall said, and helped me clean up the glass.

"If I annoy the fuck outta you, why don't you just leave the kitchen, and continue to ignore me every time I try to talk to you" I roll my eyes.

"Your listening to depressing ass music in the kitchen, and you just randomly broke a wine glass, my kids are concerned about you" Marshall said, and threw out the glass.

"I don't give a fuck. The person I want to be concerned about me, is being a fucking asshole" I growled.

"Oh, stop. Always whining about how bad your life is, you don't know shit Maegan, stop" Marshall said.

"Marshall, stop before I do something I regret" I said in a warning tone.

"Like what Maegan, c'mon now" Marshall scoffed.

I looked over at the extra turkey we had just in case something happened to the other one, and out of nowhere I picked it up, throwing it straight at Marshall's head. Marshall just stared at me like he was still processing that I just threw a fucking turkey at him.

"Did you just throw the extra turkey at dad..?" Hailie walked into the kitchen, and asked, totally confused.

"Yup. Happy thanksgiving" I smiled, and walked out the kitchen.

HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING

till the next chapter <3

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE!

&&'

COMMENT! )