Chapter Three

"It looks amazing." I said to Hannah.

She just got her Animus Tattoo and her symbol tattoo. Symbol Tattoo are the symbol you were born with. In order to know what symbol you have, your parents, or the Animus 

Government takes you to the magical warlocks of Animus and they do a short little ritual to determine what you are. There are three. The sun. The moon. And the Sun and Moon. The 'Sun and Moon' symbol are rare. Very rare. There was only one person with it in Animus. And it happened to be me.

Barbara once told me that I may be in danger once I leave Animus towards my mission.

It was around eight months ago. Winter and the snow was was falling on my brown hair to the three-inch snow covered ground. I was sitting on the ground, in my heavy coat and warm baby blue gloves.

"Rosalie! Rose! Rose!"

I turned around and saw Barbara running towards me, bloodshot eyes and her face filled with tears. I immediately stood up. "Mrs.Wilflow. What's wrong? What happened?"

She tried to find her words. "Be careful."

I was utterly confused. "Mrs.Wilflow." I wasn't exactly on the first name basis with her yet. "I don't understand. Be careful from what?"

"Your symbol. Sun and moon." She was afraid to say the next words. "It's a curse!" She exclaimed through gritted teeth.

I put my hand on my heart. 'Its a curse.' I couldn't do anything about it. I was born with it. I didn't know a lot about my symbol-since it was very rare- but I did know that It can change me and that if I didn't know how to properly control it. It can be evil. "Did something happen?" I managed to say.

She nodded. "My grandmother. My grandmother had the same symbol as you."

I stared at her in disbelief. ' I'm not alone.' I thought. Then realization hit me. "What do you mean 'had'?"

"She's dead." She quickly wiped off another tear, although it didn't matter since her face was wet full of tears. "The Sun and Moon symbol is so powerful, she couldn't control herself. So the curse." She closed her eyes an more tears fell out. "It overpowered her. It made her kill herself."

I was scared. So scared. 'Why me?' I thought. My mom told me my father had the same symbol as me. I never met him. 'Did it overpower him? Did it kill him?' I wasn't even sure if my dad was alive or not. My mom never talked about him.

Back in present time, I heard Hannah say, "Thank you. It really hurts though." She rubbed her neck. That's where they gave us our symbol tattoo. Hers was Sun.

After about ten more minutes of waiting, it was finally my turn. I walked over to the tattooist who had spiky black hair and a bunch of tattoos on his body. He didn't have an Animus Tattoo but he did have the symbol on his neck. He came from a Animus Warrior bloodline but he refused to become a warrior himself.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded, shakily.

It will only sting just a bit. You're about to go off fighting demons and vampires. In pretty sure a little stingin' won't hurt you." He chuckled and gestured towards the seat beside him.

I hesitantly say down. He began with the Animus Tattoo that goes on my cheek. He dabbed the needle in silver ink and made contact with my cheek. I flinched a little bit, trying now to move so he wouldn't mess it up.

"Steady." He warned.

I stayed still, it was painful, but bearable. I had rougher times than this.