Epilogue

The sky was getting dark, I turn around and see the restaurant. I hate that place. It was filled with hatred and anger now. I was 10ft away from it, and I feel like I want to burst into tears. I'm never coming back here again, I want to leave here now. I swallow hard and take a deep breath.

"I got to go, gonna say bye to your brother?" I hear Alex say. I turn around and see him smiling, and his arms are spread wide.

I smile in return, and wipe a tear which was about to scroll my cheek without him noticing. I didn't want to act weak in front of him.

"Bye, I'll miss you!" I hugged Alex goodbye before he went to his assignment, he got partnered with Hannah, since they really didn't have any partners anymore.

"I'll miss you too. Stay out of trouble, okay?"

I nodded. And he left. I turned to Tyler. "Guess we should be going to Canada now." I smiled.

He shook his head. "Not yet. I called someone to see you."

I stared in confusion. I was about to ask who until I felt someone's muscled arms wrapping around my body. I turned around and saw those hazel eyes staring at me.

"Chris!" I yelled before pulling him into the ultimate bear hug.

"Rose." He whispered in my shoulder.

"I'll leave you two alone." I heard Tyler say.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Tyler called and said that you needed a friend, someone who hasn't tried to kill you."

We laughed.

"Thank you for coming." I said.

"I have limited time. I only have a few more minutes with you." He told me.

I sighed. "Well, a couple minutes is better than nothing."

He smiled.

"Rose, I had never been able to tell you this. But, I'm in love with you."

I flinched. "Really?" 

Well that was a stupid thing to ask.

"Really. I just didn't have the strength to tell you."

We smiled. He hasn't said anything for a few moments until I realized he was waiting for me to say I loved him back. How could I say it when I don't even know myself?

"You're my best friend."

He smiled and looked at his watch. "I got to go."

I frowned, "Okay. Goodbye." Then I pulled him into one last hug, and he walked away.

After he left, I turned my head to see Tyler sitting on a bench playing with his phone. I walked over and sat next to him. "Now are you ready for Canada?"

He looked at me, smirked and asked with a ridiculous tone, "Girl, is Canada ready for me?" He laughed. "This was a fun trip."

I smiled. "It was. Hey did you call the government about my mom?"

"Yeah. They'll plan the funeral and call us once its ready."

"Great."

Suddenly, Tyler pulled me into a kiss. A passionate, warm kiss. It was like when Chris kissed me, although, it was more. It was powerful. I felt safe. I felt special. I felt like I was in love.

He pulled away and smiled, "I've wanted to do that for a while now."

"Well, you did."

"Come on, lets go."

"Go where?" I ask.

"Canada. Airport. One of the guards left their van here. And I found the keys." He held up a pair of dangly keys near his face.

"Well okay than." I laughed.

We jumped in the van, and he drove us to the airport. The drive took no longer than twenty minutes. The whole ride, I looked out my window and thought, What a mission. Once we got to the airport, Tyler jumped out. I just sat there, still stuck in my daze. "Rose? Come on." He said.

"Yeah, yeah sorry." I hesitated coming out. This place was holding so many memories, the next time I come here, I'm hoping something good will come out of it.

I walk out and we head to the secretary and ask for tickets to Canada. This was so much work, I honestly wish our Animus keys could just take us anywhere we wanted, but it couldn't. How troublesome. 

When it was our time to get on the plane, I hesitated once again.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked.

"I really don't want to leave here. I'll miss it."

"Yeah, well Canada needs us." He pointed out.

"I know, but give me a minute to recap our whole trip." He laughed.  "Okay, so, we ran into a demon, met a gay couple, played star crossed lovers twice, my mom died, my best friend lied to me. I wonder what will happen next." I said.

"Well, lets just hope it won't be too depressing." Tyler replied.

I sighed. "Tyler, from these recent experiences, I can say truthfully say that hope is never enough."