Chapter Eight

"Finally!" I yelled once we got to the center.

"Now we see of we can get another non demon taxi." Tyler said.

I scanned the area. No taxi. "Really? Are you joking?" I sighed. "No taxi."

"Maybe we can pay someone to give us a lift." He suggested.

"Okay. How about those two?" I pointed to two pretty girls walking towards their car, hand in hand. They looked no older than twenty two.

We ran to them. "Miss! Um, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll be willing to pay you if you give s a ride to Palm Springs. Or maybe halfway?" I asked.

They stared at each other. "Are you kids lost?" One of them asked. 

"No. We snuck out for a college party, so were trying to get back before our parents get home from their vacation. " Tyler cut in, obviously lying.

They nodded in agreement. "I remember when I did that." The first girl said looking to her friend. "Ana is in Palm Springs now, if we give them a ride, we can visit her!"

"That'd be great!" The second woman said. "Okay, we're not going to drop you off in the middle of nowhere, so we'll take you straight to your home."

Tyler and I glared at each other. I shook my head. "That won't be necessary, Ma'am. You can just drop us off at the courtyard." Considering the fact that we never really 'snuck out to a college party' and we don't even know where Alex and Joanna are yet. 

"Are you sure?" One of them asked.

"We're positive." I said.

"Okay." She said. "Oh and you don't have to pay us."

"Thank you." I said. I double checked they didn't have a fiery cross on their wrist. Clear.

We walked to their car.

"I'm so excited to see Ana again." One of them said, then, she grabbed her friends hand and kissed her on the lips. 

I flinched, unexpected. From the corner of my eye, I saw Tyler do one of him mischievous smiles. I laughed. Gay couple. How cute.

Then we drove the two hour drive to Palm Springs.