Chapter Five

Okay, what's the plan?" Tyler asked, frustrated.

"You said you trust me, right?" I pointed out. "Trust me now."

"I guess so. Hey isn't that guy Christian who you're always with assigned here with Jonathan?"

I totally forgot. Chris was here. No time to have a friendly resting though. "His name is Christopher. Just call him Chris. And yes he's here. How'd you know he was in L.A?"

"Jonathan's my friend. He told me."

"Okay, we're going to need to find a car to get to Palm Springs. How old are you?"

"Eighteen. But you have to be at least twenty one to rent a car." He told me.

"Then how are we suppose to get there? How much do you have on you?"

He pulled his wallet out of his pocket and counted the money. "Uhm, I got one hundred and twenty five dollars on me."

"I only have sixty."

"We can pay for a cab or subway. Right?" Tyler suggested.

"Yeah. I guess. Come on. We need to get out of the airport."

Once we got out of the airport, Tyler said, "So where are we going to find transportation?"

"Uhh, there!" I pointed at a mid age couple who were heading for their car.

"Are we going to ask them for a ride or something?"

"No, we're going to ask for directions." I walked over to the couple who were holding hands and asked, "Good evening, Ma'am and Mister. Will you please help me and my," I glanced at Tyler. "Friend the directions for the nearest transportation please? Like a subway or a place where we can easily get taxis? We rushing to get to Palm Springs."

"Oh are you two going on a honey moon?" The lady said cheerfully.

Me and Tyler exchanged glances. "No, Ma'am. Just friends, erg, visiting family." I said.

"Oh, you're taking your boyfriend to meet your family. How cute." The lady giggled to her mister.

I didn't know what to say. Then when Tyler did he next step, I was speechless.

"Young love." Tyler said, putting his arm around me.

"What are you doing." I whispered to Tyler.

His response was just giving me a look that I knew means, Go with it.

"We're going to a romantic get away to Palm Springs. Of course, I wanted it just to be here at the beach, but my sugar muffin wanted to go to Palm Springs." Tyler pinched my cheeks

Sugar Muffin?

"Awwh, how adorable. Of course. Would you like for us to drive you to town?" The lady asked.

"That'll be very helpful. Thank you." I said.

"Come on in." The man gestured to his car.

We obeyed.

"I'm Raini. And this is my husband, Jon. So how long have you two love birds been together?"

This was getting more and more weird.

"Almost a year, Miss." Tyler replied.

"Incredible. I remember when Jon and I first met." Raini grabbed his left hand and they gazed into each others eyes for a good second.

I wonder if I'll ever find a love like that.

The whole ride to town took about fifteen minutes. She mostly talked about mine and Tyler's 'Love'.

"Thank you again, Mister and Ma'am, we really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. Have fun on your honeymoon!" She said befor Jon drove off.

"Why couldn't you say we were just friends?" I complained to Tyler.

"We tried. She wasn't going to give up on us. So might as well."

Earlier thoughts came to me. "Sugar Muffin?" I asked.

He grinned. "Yeah. Look, a taxi!"

"Sugar muffin?" I repeated. "Why not something like 'cutie pie' or 'honey bun."

He stopped in front of me. "You're not cutie pie. Not honey bun." He stopped the taxi and opened he door for us. "Your sugar muffin. My sugar muffin."