Chapter Eleven

This wasn't the same Hannah any more. She wasn't that sweet, innocent, shy girl back at Animus. She wasn't the one who helped me when I was wounded. She wasn't the one was there by my side every time I needed her. She wasn't the one that called me beautiful. Hannah betrayed me.

Back in the room, she had that mean harsh look. I never seen anything like that on her. Even when she was fighting, she always had a bit of love in her eyes. Now this was only death.

"Where is she?" Hannah yelled. 

"How am I supposed to know?" Joanna protested. "It's only one way. She can see us, but I can't see her. I don't even know if she's watching." 

That was a lie. She was protecting me. 

"She has to come save you. I know she was watching at least once, whether you know it or not." Hannah exclaimed.

"She doesn't even know where we are." Alex said.

"Well if she is here. Rose. Hello." She said, pacing the room. "We are at the abandoned restaurant on clove street. In Palm Springs." She smiled. She then turned to Joanna."It will be a shame if Rose doesn't show up." She faced Alex. "It'll be a bigger shame if a pretty boy like you has to die."

Alex winced.

I couldn't take anymore, I left their room and returned to the worried face of Tyler's. "Anything?" 

I nodded my head. "Restaurant. An abandoned restaurant. On Clove street. That's where they are."

"Do you know where Clove street is?" He asked me.

"No, of course not." 

"Uhm," he scanned the area and walked to a woman with her two children. "Ma'am. Do you know where Clove street is? We're looking for an old restaurant there?" 

Her eyebrows drew together. "Why would you kids want to go there? It's deserted and vacant." She asked.

"We're new here. We heard about it and we want to check it out." Tyler said.

"Alone? Where it's quiet, dark and eerie? Are you two looking for a romantic place for a make out session or what." The woman said.

I flinched. "N-"

Tyler cut me off. "Yes."

Again. Are you serious.

"We wanted to go somewhere mysterious." He said.

Don't call me Sugar Muffin.

"And where we can be alone." He continued.

Please don't call me Sugar Muffin.

"All this trouble for my Sugar Muffin." Tyler finished.

Oh hell.

The woman flashed a big smile. It reminds me so much of Chris'. "I'll give you two a ride there. Come on."

Another ride.

We got in. The ride took about 20 minutes so far.

"How long?" I asked. 

"Maybe another half an hour." She replied.

I sighed. I was oh so tired. I decided to sleep. Wiggling my head, my head landed on the first comfortable thing in a while. 

I fell asleep on Tyler's shoulder, ready of what was about to come when we get to Joanna and Alex.