Chapter Seven

Okay, so Tyler didn't drive us to our doom. We were driving for fifteen minutes, until something awful happened.

"Oh no." Tyler groaned.

"Really?" I exclaimed.

The car ran out of gas. And we weren't even close to Palm Springs. We had another twenty minutes until we get to the center of LA.

"What are we going to do, now?" I asked.

He sighed. "Guess we only have one choice." He got out the car. 

"Hitch hike to Palm Springs?" I exclaimed.

"What other choice do we have?" He said, as he got the bags out of the car. "We're only hitch hiking to the center of LA, and then we'll see if we can get a car."

I groaned. "Fine."

He handed me my bags and we continued walking. "It is too hot. I'm wearing leather. And I'm tired. I haven't slept since back at Animus."

"Deal with it."

"We won't get there for like, another hour." I complained.

"You know, by now, we could've been asleep in a nice luxurious hotel. But no. We're hitch hiking to Palm Springs." 

"Are you saying its my fault?" I yelled, waking in front of him. "I'm trying to save my family!" I argued

"At least you have a family!" He protested.

"What is that supposed to mean. You told me like twenty minutes ago about your mom."

"Yeah, I said when I was fifteen!" He yelled so loudly I took a step back. "She's dead now! Do you know how I feel? I feel as if its my fault because I could've saved her. I didn't listen to her, and I snuck out. That's when she got attacked and killed. I could have saved her!"

No words. "So are you planning on me losing my mom?"

"No, of course not." He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

"Will you help me?" I plead.

He nodded. "Yes. I promise. I promise you, you won't lose your mom. Not now. Not ever." He grabbed my hands.

I felt a tear coming down and I quickly wiped it before he saw. "Thank you." 

He let go of my hands and pulled me into a hug.

"I promise." He whispered, barely audible.

Promise.