Chapter Nine

Finally we got to Palm Springs, and I still haven't slept yet.

"Thank you. So, so much for the ride." I said.

"No problem, we hope to see you kids again! Goodbye." Then they drove off.

Thy dropped us off at the courtyard like we asked, and it was packed. People with shopping bags, moms scolding their children, and public affection.

"How are we going to get to Joanna and Alex?" Tyler asked. "Because you can't really text them."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know." 

He was thinking. "Can you try to see a vision again?" 

I stared at him. "It hurts. Really, really bad."

"Well once you get used to it, it'll be bearable. So please, for Joanna and Alex."

I sighed. "Even if I can, I don't know how."

"Just think about it. Try to visualize your with them. Your sun and moon. Your powerful. Your strong."

I took a deep breath. "I'll try." 

I tried, I thought about the last two visits with Joanna and Alex. Just a bit of pain flows through me. I try to go harder. Nothing. "I can't do this."

Are they dead? Is that why I can't get to them?

"Try harder. Come on, we came this far. We can't stop now."

I tried again. Harder, and harder. Stronger pain flowed within me. I whimpered. Finally, after a few moments, I was in the same room as Joanna and Alex. They were beaten.

Scarred and bruised.

Joanna suddenly looked up in shock. "Rosalie?" 

Alex followed along. "Rose is here?"

She nodded. "How? I hadn't summoned you?"

"Mom, she's Sun and Moon. She's one of the most powerful warrior in Animus history." Alex said.

"Rose. Stay in your assignment! Don't come." She said in a loud whisper.

Hell if I will.

"Where are you?" I muttered to myself. 

I looked for any sort of clue. Nothing.

"She's going to kill us, Mom. With whoever she's working for. Who is she working for?" He exclaimed.

"I think I know. But it couldn't be him." She said, mostly to herself.

"Who's he?" Alex asked.

"Maxus." She whispered. "Maxus Steele."

"Who?" He asked again.

"He is yo-"

A slam at the door cut her off. Their faces turned frightened and they tensed.

"Okay, Fayes. I'm going to ask this question one last time. Where is Rose. I know you can summon her here. She should be here by now. If she knows you guys are in trouble." The voice demanded.

I turned around to face the speaker. I felt my heart drop. The beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes that has been by my side for a whole year.

Hannah Mae was standing in the doorway.