1

Dan bit his lip. He wanted to talk to Phil so badly, because even when he was throwing punches he couldn't help but notice his shiney blue eyes that seemed to ice over with anger, and a criminally twisted happiness. It made him feel bad, but even if he did end up getting hurt, at least he got to look him in the eye.

He'd talked PJ into giving him Phil's number. Pj and he had a secretive friendship, only texting or having each other over sometimes. They weren't best friends, not by a long shot, but when PJ needed someone to spill his guts to, he picked Dan. Dan never showed his weak side to PJ, of course PJ had seen him get hit, called names, but Dan's mask hid an unmistakable broken boy under it, who would shatter under the lightest touch.

He frowned. Texting Phil could do no wrong, if thngs were to go wrong, he was only anonymouse. So, he did it. We worked up all the courage just to send the text.

Dan: Hello.

He had deemed it emotionally blind, that Phil wouldn't be able to sense any personality behind it, and just think it was another nobody from school when he annonced himself local. Or, perhaps, he wouldn't even tell Phil he went to school with him. Phil replied in minutes.

Phil: Hello? Who's this.

Dan: I am simply an admirer.

He sighed.

Phil: Okay, admirer. What's your name?

Dan: My name? If you knew my name, you'd know equally as much and as little as I want you to.

Phil: Sounds ominous enough, admirer.

and with that, Dan felt like he'd said enough.