21.

does this not make him look like Connor ?????

I'm watching tangled sorry for the short chapter

i just started school sorry :((( I would've updated earlier but yknow

FUCK tho 11k reads????? U guys are the bomb.com

do u guys want me to update more often and have not as long chapters or less often n have semi-long chapters?? I'll update probably at least 2 times a week but i gotta know

-

Dan was a mess, to say the least.

Every little thing that didn't go right would send him crying. Phil remembered, Dan had dropped him pen, and tears welled up in his eyes. It was hard to find ways to comfort him, Phil always felt like he should do something more, but he never knew what. Should he buy him something? Take him on a fancy date? Let him talk it out?

He sighed, rubbing his temples as he tried to figure out a way to get Dan's mind off things. He clearly missed his dad, even though he wasn't necessarily the best dad, he was Dan's dad, and Dan still cared about him. Phil tried to imagine what it'd be like if his parents split up just like that, leaving without a single goodbye. He couldn't- or at least, didn't want to. He'd never had something traumatic happen to him, and he couldn't have a clue as to what Dan was going through.

Maybe he just needed to spend more time with Dan, have a conversation with him; cheer him up. With a place in mind, he decided he'd take Dan on a date.

Now, he thought, I just need to find the right way to ask.

-

It was the perfect time. He was at the Howell's, so he could clear it up with Dan's mum, too. Sure- he was nervous, but he liked Dan, and even though the date was mostly to help Dan feel better, you bet your ass Phil liked Dan as well. He wouldn't admit it just yet, probably, but he had acknowledged it, and he wanted to make sure Dan felt the same way before he admitted anything, right?

He stood up, telling Dan he was going to the bathroom and would be 'just one minute.' In all honestly, he needed to find a way to ask Dan's mum in private, so that if she said no, Dan wouldn't get worked about it again. He was frail right now, and having already been going through a lot before, he looked like he was just barely hanging onto hope.

So, gritting his teeth, he took a deep breath.

"Miss Howell, could I ask you a question?" He whispered bashfully.

"Of course, Phil. What's up?"

"Could I- uh- take Dan on a date?" He asked, looking at her through his eyelashes.

His mum hesitated.

"I suppose. Be careful, Phil."