20.

HI THIS IS CHAPTER 20 ILL TRY TO DO SOMETHING COOL

tw angst and mention of past selfharm n a few trans/gay slurs but it gets better kiddos

remember not to read if you get triggered by these things because it's really SUCK if I gave someone a panic attack or made them upset in general, I'm here to talk though if you ever need anyone x

anyway apparently doing something 'cool' for me was making it even more angsty than my normal chapters uh,,.,,

#diggingdeepwithmorgan

*

Dan's parents were certainly... interesting. They were very kind, and Phil almost took a liking to them, if it weren't for the snarky comments here and there.

Dan was changed into a pink sweater, and while Phil thought looked great on him, apparently Dan's parents didn't.

"Dan, honey, why don't you change into something else? That looks a bit fruity... perhaps something like Phil!" His mum attempted, and while she didn't say it as rude as she could have, it really did affect Dan a lot. She looked like she felt bad about saying it, and she also looked embarrassed about what Dan was wearing. Phil was getting mixed signals, should he say something? Let it happen?

He decided no, not yet. Only if something outrageous happens, because he's not sure if Dan is out to his parents yet.

Dan nodded, turning around with his head hung in shame. Phil didn't know what to do, because his mum looked like she genuinely felt bad, but his dad looked smug, as if he knew something.

"I'll uh- go help him pick something out." Phil announced, as he followed closely behind Dan. He could hear Dan's parents talking about Dan, still.

"Lani, I swear he's a fucking tranny," he heard Dan's dad whisper, and Dan's mum grunt at him.

"What's it matter to you, Gabe?! Why do you care so much about what he wears, why do you always make me say these things? He can wear what he wants." He heard her argument, and suddenly he understood the mixed emotions he was getting from her.

And he heard somebody get slapped.

Dan's dad was marching right past Phil, opening the door to Dan's room. Here were multiple problems here, one being that he didn't knock, and the other being that Dan was pretty much shirtless, and you could see every scar on his arms, every tiny little cut and every long white line caused by his own self-destructive thoughts.

Clearly, Dan didn't know what to do. He was stood frozen, a black shirt held tensely in his hand, eyes locked with his dad's. Phil didn't think he'd ever seen anything as intense as that.

"You need to leave. Pack your bags, and get out. I can't have a tranny living w-"

"Gabe, you're the one who needs to leave." His mum cut in, handing him an empty duffel bag, presumably to pack his clothes in. "Now."

And suddenly, it was Dan's dad who was terrified, because there were three people against him now. Sure, he was bigger, but it'd be hard to fight off three people at once.

"Can't believe I live with a bunch of fags." And he packed his bags, yelling about how stupid he was for staying here all this time anyway, that he didn't want to get whatever disease we had, slamming the door behind him.

And to imagine how Dan felt- now that was a different story. His eyes welled up, and his lips pressed together. He must've felt so exposed, because now everyone knew about his problems. About how he hurt himself, and never ate. Everyone knew, including the people at school.

"Dan, honey, I'll leave you here with Phil, I'm so sorry. We'll talk later." And she walked away, nodding at the two, because she needed some time alone too.

And it wasn't how Phil intended to spend the day, but Dan fell asleep with his head on Phil's shoulder, and tear tracks on his cheeks, despite Phil's attempts to wipe them all away for him, after a while he just whispered sweet words as he rubbed his back, and finally Dan was asleep.

-