25.

Dan Howell was no longer afraid of himself.

At least, not like he used to be. His mind felt free; an animal let out of its cage. He could smile without the crumbling inside, like moving his muscles was making all his pieces fall apart.

He still had days where his mind held him captive. Where he stayed in bed with his phone being to only comfort to him. Days where he wouldn't eat a thing, and the flickering candle in his room rimmed with soot was the cure to all his cravings, tricking his mind into thinking he was satisfied.

All in all, things seemed to be okay.

The issue with his dad was still prominent, perhaps the only thing keeping him from being good. There was no closure, just words spit at him as if he were the scum of the earth, the epitome of disgust.

But that was okay. Because, even with all the bad things that happened, he had a husband to help him through it.

[FIN]

Reader,
Hello! Your author here, I'd like to say that yes, the ending is rushed, i know that. don't tell me about it, i already know. I wanted to finish this as quickly as possible, and frankly over time i found that i found my own work quite cringe worthy and decided to just end the book altogether, but i didn't want to discontinue it. Hence the abrupt but maybe satisfying ending? I truly hope you enjoyed the read even though I'm not the biggest fan of this book myself. Check out my other books, they get better the newer they are (although i don't update frequently).
Sincerely,
Your author.