Chapter 4

Hiya! I love the ending of this chapter but I'm probably just biased toward my own work(')Ψ. So tell me your opinion of it! I would deeply appreciate it! See you in the next chapter Lovies!!

"Hello, dearie." A leathery hand lands on my shoulder forcing my to turn around to face whoever was behind me. I expect to see a horribly wrinkled and aged woman but what I see is Yuki. Surprised by his greeting I forget to greet him back. Yuki looks like he just crawled out of a dumpster, smells like one as well. I can't tell if he recognizes me or not. His eyes won't focus so I'm guessing he's already drunk. It wasn't even two o'clock. Maybe his wife kicked him out instead. I know I would. He probably slept in this park last night. That would explain his dirty appearance.

"Do you have any spare change? I have a splitting headache. Do you know a place where I could stay a few nights?" His words slurred together so I couldn't really understand him. I kind of felt bad so I gave him the few dollars I had in my wallet. I knew he would just spend it all on alcohol.

"Thank you. Thank you." Yuki was already walking past me and in his hasty retreat, bumped into me. Him, drunk and uncoordinated, grabbed on to my shoulder for balance and me, not very strong and already tired from today's events, dropped under Yuki's weight. I felt my head hit the patchy ground and despite how soggy it was it still hurt.

Yuki lays on top of me half confused half asleep.

"Please get off me!" I roll out from under him and just in time to see two familiar green eyes move back in the shadows of a nearby alleyway. My adrenaline kicks in then. I push up off the ground and sprint home. My only sanctuary from this nightmare.

When I finally arrive at my apartment Haruki is nowhere to be seen. A part of me loves that he isn't here but another part, a bigger part, wishes desperately that I wouldn't be so alone.

Instead of watching strangers out of my window I closed the blinds and locked my door. I go to lay on my bed but a pink envelope placed so delicately upon my pillow stops me in my tracks. It's closed with blood red wax shaped like a heart. I pick it up slowly as if it would come alive and bite me.

I'm too tired. Too many things; too many feelings came up all at once today. Fear and loathing. And sadness. And whatever was in this letter would be the cherry on top of it all. I knew Haruki didn't write it or put it here. He hates coming into my room. Down right refusing to step foot in it.

I dig into the wax with my fingernails. It still feels warm and soft. Inside, the handwriting is clearly a boy's. It looks rushed. It reads,

(Y/n), how I wish dearly that I could tell you this in person but alas I believe I would frighten you with my love. Don't worry you will learn to love me and my passion alike. We are meant for each other. I know so much about you. I know how you love to draw and be alone. So do I! We are so similar! Don't worry I won't hurt you and I definitely won't let anyone else lay a hand upon your skin. You belong with me; You belong to me.

All my love~~

K

As I finished reading the letter a loud crash comes from the main apartment stairwell. I don't want to open my front door. Heading to the kitchen first I grab the biggest knife I have. Screaming can be heard from out in hall now.

I hate how scared I am. My hands shake as I open my apartment door. At first, I see nothing unusual but as I look toward the ground I begin to think I'm in a dream. This can't be real but as I keep looking at the scene before me it could be nothing but real. People are opening their doors to see what's going on most gasp in surprise others scream in terror. I just stare.

I stare into the unseeing eyes of Yuki as he sways from the metal stair banisters and displayed clearly in the hollow of his collar bone is a blood red wax heart.