Chapter 5

I honestly love writing this story so much!! ♥(ノ'∀')I hope you lot that are reading it enjoy it as much as I do! Comment or message me with what you want to happen!

"The body of Yukine Ito was found in the Fujioka apartment complex last night between the time of 5:00 and 6:00 pm yesterday . He was pronounced dead at the scene. We believe it to be a suicide but police have yet to reveal any more details..." The generic news anchor drones on with the same deadpan expression he had on when he first announced the same report an hour ago. But I also sport the same face as when I first saw Yuki. A look of raw fear. I know for a fact that it wasn't a suicide. That wax heart on his collar bone said it all.

All of the apartments blinds are drawn and I've triple checked all the locks on them. My brother has yet to make an appearance and I hope for his sake that he returns soon. As much as I don't like my brother, I don't hate him enough that I want him wandering around with a psychopath on the loose.

Every noise, inside or outside the apartment, makes me jump. I'm sitting in the living room because its the only room with a television. I want to watch for any other mysterious deaths.

I can't help as my gaze wanders over to the letter. It has become the symbol of my newfound distress. I don't know why this is happening to me. I've tried isolating myself so no one would get hurt anymore but no matter how hard I try Death still follows me. I don't know who killed Yuki but I know it's connected to me somehow I just hope the cops don't make any connection. I can't imagine myself in prison ((((;゚Д゚))).

A sudden rattling of the front door handle. I give a small scream and jump from the couch. I hold the kitchen knife firmly in front of m. I have no idea how to wield it but it's a little more comforting them walking around empty handed. The sound of someone fumbling with keys sounds from the other side of the door. A muffled curse soon follows the sound of keys dropping. I crack the door open just a crack, hiding the knife behind the door.

My brother, either too inebriated to notice or is ignoring me, still fusses with his keys.

"Where the hell have you been?" I nearly shout but stop myself. Haruki's head snaps up to look at me then hisses and holds his head. He has a nasty hangover, probably from staying all night at one of his 'girlfriend's' house. I usher him in and look around the hall to see if anyone suspicious was lurking. Finding no one I slam the door and lock it in the same movement.

"Hey, (Y/n) do we have any liquor left? If we do give it all to me. I've got a bangin' headache." He flops onto the same spot I sat on the couch. He begins to giggle and opens his eyes a tiny slit to look at me.

"I heard Yukine finally killed himself." He yawns filling the air with his rancid breath. "Took him long enough." At first, I think I heard him wrong. But when he doesn't correct his statement I race over to him, my right hand raised. The slap resonates through our apartment. A big red hand print burns brightly against Haruki's face. He must have been as surprised as I was at my action because he stays stock still for a second. Then, moving quicker than I thought possible in his condition he grips my wrist painfully. I yelp in pain.

Haruki bends my hand back so much that if I extended my fingers fully I would be touching my arm.

"You think you can hit me, bitch? I let you stay here from the kindness of my heart. I could just kick you out. In fact, I think that's what I'm going to do." Haruki grabs my throat, squeezing slightly. Enough to leave a bruise and cut off my airway. I try to pry his fingers away from me. The thought of living on the street with a murder that may or may not be stalking me frightens me. I feel the start of another panic attack causing my throat to close even more.

"Pl..please." Haruki wouldn't listen to my pleas. He opens the front door then unceremoniously dumps me in the hallway that was still technically a crime scene. As soon as I hit the ground I bounce back up. I try to wedge my foot in the doorway so Haruki couldn't close it but he closes and locks it before I can do any of that.

I stare at the peeling paint on the door waiting for him to open it back up and tell me that this is just a joke. Except, I know Haruki well enough that he never jokes about anything he does or says.

I don't want to turn around because if I do I will know that this is real. I'm now homeless, I have a possible murderous stalker and nothing but the clothes on my back. Haruki will probably burn all my drawings and already has plans to repurpose my bedroom into a bar.

I close my eyes and slide down the brick wall interior of the stairwell on my back. I'm so engrossed in my little pity party I don't notice someone walking up to me.

"(Y/n) please tell, who is making you cry?" I look up to see Katsu, the boy from the roof. He looks like he's about to cry as well. I didn't forget how he grabbed at me but I was just too exhausted to leave.

"That's ok. You don't have to answer me now. Do you have a place to stay tonight? You can stay with me if you'd like." Katsu wraps one of his firm arms around me and leans against my huddled frame. Laying his head atop my he begins to hum a sweet melody. The vibrations from his chest begin to lull me in to sleep. A nagging little voice in the back of my mind is screaming at me to not fall asleep around Katsu but the power of sleep is too strong. I sink into darkness as I hear Katsu whisper to me, "Finally, I have you."