Chapter Seven

"Here yeuw go!" 2D lifted you off the boat. "Thank you" you replied. You looked up at the hill. Besides the small bit of land the two were standing on, there wasn't anywhere to go besides up. You looked over at 2D, "2D, are we supposed to climb up there?" He smiled and nodded. "It's not too hard, I me self has done it many times. Want me to help yeuw up here?" He put out his boney hand.
"What about the cooler?" You questioned, looking back at the little boat and the cooler. You wondered how you would get back to the island if it began to get darker out. You didn't know how long you would be staying here. "Io'll just come back down and get et. I got somefinks in the boat I have to grab to bring up there anyways." He then took your and and the both of you began to climb the real steep "hill", which was really  a random cylinder of styrofoam, plastic and trash that was spray painted a shade  pinkish orange, sticking out of the ocean.
When you finally got to the top, 2D pulled you up. "Welcome to Melancholy Hill." 2D said, putting out his arms like he was show casing something. The hill top was only some fake, plastic grass and a plastic palm tree. 2D walked you over to the tree. "I will go get the stuff I need to get and we can have a talk or somefink when I get back." You looked at 2D and nodded, letting your legs dangle off the edge of island/hill/trash structure.
It wasn't long until 2D came back with the cooler, a blanket, and his melodica. He walked to the area where you were sitting, careful not to trip over his big clown feet when he had everything in his hands. He placed down the cooler and his instrument and set the blanket up underneath the tree, which didn't really provide that much shade at all. It was plastic after all, but it was still mildly hot out. You got up and crawled to the blanket. 2D sat next to you and opened the cooler, handing you a beer. "Yeuw grabbed a lil' bit of everything I see." You looked at him,
"Yeah..I didn't know what you would like so I kinda just tossed a few things in there....Oh shit! Did you bring a bottle opener?" You asked in a slightly panicked way. "Relax I always have one." He reassured. 2D stood up and dug through his pockets. After a few playing cards and a cigarette or two fell out, he finally found the bottle opener. He took your bottle and popped the cap off and then did the same with his. You both avoided awkward eye contact and looked out into the sea.
After a bit of silence, 2D mumbled something you couldn't really make out underneath his breath and took a sip of his beer. You looked over at him and asked "Did you say something?" "Oi, did I say that out loud?...I'm sorry...I said you look pretty today." You looked at him. You weren't the best at taking complements. You never knew how to respond to them. "Th-thank you... I don't know what makes you say such a thing though." Is what you responded with. He finished his first bottle and went on to the next, mean while your's wasn't even half empty yet. "I find yeuw attractive so I eh..gave yeuw a compliment?" He replied like it was a question, and took a sip of his drink. You blushed a little bit. 2D turned towards you. "Sorry if I made yeuw uncomfortable..I didn't mean too. Yeuw just have ah-ah-a nice lookin' face I guess... Plus yeuw are supper nice to me." There was a brief silence after that, followed by 2D giving you a worried look "did I make things weird..?" You looked at him quickly "No, no! I just was think about what to say sorry if you took my silence for awkwardness or.. Whatever." He looked relieved.
"Wut do ya think of me...? Be honest...do I look funny because of me teef missin'?" You thought for a moment of what to say. "You look great honestly. Really, your voice is adorable, your eyes kinda creeped me out at first..but I'm used to them now. I also love your hair..." You touched his hair. You continued to twirl around his hair, giving a little bit of a hint that you may like him back. He realized what you were doing. His black, blood-shot eyes looked into your (yr/ec) ones. He put his hand on your cheek and his eye lids lowered a little and his face was completely serious looking. "C-can I kiss yeuw?" He asked monotoned. You just went right ahead and pushed your lips against his.