Chapter 19

As Murdoc did awful things to your significant other, you remained in a deep sleep. Your door was wide open yet you couldn't hear anything. The kitchen was so far down from your room, it would be hard to hear the screaming and whimpering even if you were awake. Suddenly the sound of a large bird's wings flapping filled your room. Cortez perched himself on your bed frame. Moments later he started cawing loudly, and it, of course, woke you. After he saw you woke up, he stopped practically screaming in your ear.
"Cortez...what the hell are you doing.. how did you get in-" you noticed Stuart was gone and your bedroom door was open. He couldn't have been in the bathroom, you had one in your own room. You felt something was not right. "Come here Cortez." The raven comfortably perched himself on your arm and you lazily walked down the stairs looking for 2D.
"2D!?"
No answer.
"Stu!?"
No answer.
Stuart!?"
No answer, but you heard muffled screaming as you got closer to the kitchen. Then you heard crying. 2D's crying.  Hurried to the kitchen and heard the sound of a zipper being pulled up. "MURDOC WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" You ran over to Stuart, who was beaten and bruised and shaking uncontrollably. His hair was covered in blood and alcohol. You whipped around and looked at Murdoc. "Murdoc...who the fuck do you think-"
Murdoc threw a beer bottle in your direction, but you managed to jump out of the way and the bottle broke on the wall. Murdoc started laughing uncontrollably. The laughing quickly turned into sobbing. You were absolutely beyond pissed off at Murdoc but it was still upsetting to see him cry.
    You went back to 2D. "What did he.. do to you my love."
"He-he..he.." 2D burst into tears. You tried picking him up but he just made an extremely painful sound when you did.
"My ribs hurt...so badly luv.." you frowned and lifted his bloodstained and ripped shirt. His entire body was beaten black and blue. Maybe the cyborg could identify what was wrong.
"I-I'll be right back!" You ran as fast as you possibly could to the secret room where the cyborg was. You made it within 2 minutes. "NOODLE!" The cyborg'a head whipped around and she held her shotgun to your head.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH CALM DOWN DONT SHOOT ME PLEASE!" You put your hands up in defense.
"Oh..," she twitched as she put her gun down, " it's just you (y/n).. what can I do ya for?"
"Do you have any medical information..? Any way of diagnosing or figuring out what is wrong with a human's body?" You asked her desperately. She squinted with her robotic eyes at you, which were glowing in the dark room. She then nodded. "Unhook me from these wires, and take me to 2D, master (y/n)."
  You did as you were told. You didn't even bother to question how she knew 2D was the one with the problem. The cyborg marched up the stairs quickly and you tried to keep up with her pace. She turned over and looked at Murdoc with his head down, passed out. She looked down st 2D still suffering in pain. She kneeled down and looked at the bruises.
"You have 3 broken ribs, sir. Lucky you, they will heal naturally and you will not need surgery, as they are not poking your organs, but you'll be in severe pain." She stated.
"Well ain't that lovely." He said under his breath sarcastically.
"How long will it take to heal cyborg..?" You asked her. Her robotic eyes looked into yours.
"About a month or so. Give him a few days to rest. I know there is painkillers Murdoc was hiding from 2D in the storage room. I can bring them to 2D's room, after I carry hime carefully down to his little bunker."
She then picked him up and carried him to his room down below the floating island. Before you followed, you looked at Mudz and frowned. You grabbed a blanket off the couch near by and got a bottle of water. You covered him with the blanket and placed the bottle next to him on the table where he was sleeping. "Good, fucking night." You said carelessly. You then called over Cortez and held your arm out.
   You grabbed a bag of chips and spilled some on the counter.
"Here you go ya dumb bird, you deserve this." You kissed the top of his little head and left him to eat and go see 2D.
   You knocked on the half open door and walked in. Of course 2D was taking a handful of painkillers. You sighed and sat at the end of his bed.
"To prevent lung infection, you must preform slow deep breathing and gentle coughing exercises every other hour. They will be painful, but taking some painkillers before and holding a blanket against your ribs will make the pain less intense while preforming these rituals." And with that, the scary intelligent robot exited the room.
    "I don't think you should be smoking during this..."
"Ehhh ehi.. I figured." He sounded disappointed.
" I swear I will make sure he never does anything like this to you again... I can't have him do this to you." You lied down next to him. He had his shirt off completely now. Studying his face and his body. His lip was busted, his hair was disgusting, he had a black eye on the left side of his face and cuts and bruises all over his body. You sniffled and cries a little,
"I'm sorry I was so asleep.. I couldn't even.. hear you. I'm glad Cortez came into my room when he did."
2D looked over at you, "Et's okay luv, et's over now....Cortez es ahh.. smaort bird, but I cont believe he knew to wake yeuw."
"Pretty crazy right?"
"Wicked awesome." He smiled. You smiled back. You had to resist the urge to hug him or hold him while you slept.
"Goodnight Stu."
"Goodnight.. I luv yeuw."
"I love you too."