Chapter 20

Nathalie POV:

I couldn't believe my eyes.

After all these months of us getting close, actually just enjoying each other's company, no sex involved whatsoever and he just goes and finds someone else. I should've known since the second time we met we ended up doing sexual things. I cannot believe how stupid I was to actually trust him and think that he was different to every other guy out there. This is all too confusing. He asked me to be his girlfriend and then he pulls a stunt like this.

I took a deep sigh and walked out of the building, blinking away the tears that had formed in my eyes.

I actually thought he cared.

As soon as I exited the building that I never wanted to enter again, I quickly got into one of the taxis that was waiting outside, there were many which were more than likely waiting to pick up the other guests.

This night couldn't have gotten any worse.

Once I arrived back at the house, I took off my heels and ran down the pathway, heading towards the door. I scrambled through my purse, my fingers moving anxiously around the material moving the contents around as I tried to find the key. Relief rushed through my veins as I felt the cold metal against my warm fingertips. I inserted the key into the door and rushed up the stairs, still trying to be quiet but failing miserably.

As soon as I got into mine and Harry's shared bedroom, I got onto my hands and knees, using my phone light as a flashlight as I peered under the bed. I dragged out the suitcase from under the bed, stuffing it with all of my belongings. No way was I going to stay here with him and let him walk all over me. I'm not a door mat and I never will be. Me and him are done. Over.

I quickly changed into a different outfit which consisted of Adidas sweats and my Adidas superstars. I looked so scruffy but I had no care in the world. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, not bothering to adjust the loose hairs that dangled from it.

My fingers trembled as I zipped up the suitcase. I was perched on the edge of the bed, my head in my hands as tears were flowing from my eyes. I needed to do this. A deep breath escaped from my chapped lips as I pulled myself off of the bed with all of my strength. The reflection in the mirror didn't look anything like me. The girl that stared back at me looked awful; broken. As if her whole world had come crashing down and she had nobody to turn to.

This was it, I was leaving for good.

I made my way out of the room, the suitcase trailing behind me as I gripped onto the handle tightly. Nobody could stop my decision. I attempted to haul the heavy suitcase down the long staircase but it was making too much noise as the wheels bashed against the stairs. In the end I picked it up and lifted it all the way down the stairs, it took a lot of strength.

Just as I was about to reach for the door handle, car lights blinded me, that only meant one thing. Harry was back.

Fuck.

I raced into the nearby room, dragging my suitcase along with me and shut the door. My heart was racing and I didn't want to face him in all honesty. I just wanted to get away from him and his bullshit. It was for the best.

The sound of the door opening snapped me out of my thoughts. His shoes were clicking against the floor, my heart was thumping out of my chest. How was I going to leave now?

I heard him making his way up the stairs, this is my chance to leave. I opened the door swiftly, attempting to be silent. My hands were clammy and sweaty which felt disgusting against the suitcase handle. I zoomed towards the door and opened it, running out.

I am finally free.

Sorry for the short chapter, there will be another coming your way very soon!