Chapter 21

Nathalie POV:
My eyes fluttered open as the sunlight seeped through the sheer cream coloured curtains. I squinted, attempting to let my eyes adjust to the light that was burning into my soul. Eventually after sitting in the hotel bed for around 5 minutes, I got used to my surroundings. I couldn't even remember how I got to the hotel, it was all a blur. But I'm just glad I got away from Harry and his lies.

A loud knock on the door disturbed me from my thoughts. Who could it be at this time? It was only 7am. I huffed and dragged myself out of the bed, untangling myself from the sheets that were pulling me back in, wrapping themselves around my body. I was drowning in a pool of bed sheets but I wasn't complaining. I just wanted to sleep. I sauntered towards the door and put my eye close to the peep hole. I was relieved when I saw a woman stood outside with a cart, I was guessing it was room service.

I opened the door, my hands shaking profusely in the process as they gripped onto the cold metal handle, the nervousness taking over my body.

"Room service, do you need any towels, shampoo, tea..." She rambled, her fingers tapping on the cart, it seemed like a nervous trait to me. Well I'm glad to see that we are both in the same boat.

"Um, yes please that would be nice" I answered, a little unsure. She walked past me and went into the bathroom area, stocking it with fresh towels and other necessities. Once she had gone I decided to take a long shower, I needed to clear my head and cleanse my thoughts.

Last nights events came flooding through my mind and I couldn't shake them away. I felt so lost without Harry but I guess being away from him is the best for us both. He clearly never cared about me anyway so why am I even worrying about this?

My lips parted and I let out a deep sigh, wishing I had never even bothered with Harry. I wished that he never even stepped foot in my house. It was a mistake, a big mistake.

I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body and another over my head to stop the wetness dripping all over the floor. I guess I should get ready, maybe explore the city of London to take my mind off of things. I unzipped my suitcase and pulled back the flap to open it, revealing all of my belongings that were thrown into it messily, different items scattered around. I picked out a white crop top, blue ripped jeans and topped it off with a black belt. I rummaged around my suitcase and took out all of my makeup that I was going to be using on my face, I decided to do a grunge look, brown eyeshadow which was blended messily and a flawless face with filled in eyebrows, still natural looking though.

All I had left to do was my hair, the most boring part in my opinion. I sauntered into the bathroom and grabbed the blow dryer that was stuck to the sickly coloured yellow painted wall. My finger made contact with the button, turning it on then letting it heat up my hair. By the time I had finished I looked like a crazy woman. My hair was everywhere and I literally looked like a lion, my hair was that bad. I huffed and pulled my hair up into a messy bun, I really had no energy left in me to even bother styling it. Besides, it would've taken forever. I emerged from the bathroom and grabbed my phone from the bedside cabinet, then slid on my leather jacket. The weather was pretty sunny so I wasn't bothering with anything too hot. I then grabbed my backpack and threw it over one shoulder.

After trekking around London for what seemed like hours, I spotted a small little cafe. It looked somewhat appealing so I started to make my way towards the mysterious building that stood right in front of my eyes. I pushed the door open and glanced around to only see around 3 customers which saddened me a little. This place looked so inviting and was so warm and welcoming, it definitely deserves more customers that's for sure.

From the corner of my eye I saw a figure that I knew too well.

Harry's.

My eyes flickered over into his direction, he was hanging around with my mom and his. He didn't look like his normal self, bags decorated underneath his eyes, they were red and puffy as if he had been crying and his lips were chapped. A sigh escaped my parted lips, why does he have to be here?

All I wanted was to be alone. I just wanted to forget about him but he made it so hard.

My eyes averted towards the woman at the cash register, a smile plastered on her face. She looked rather happy which made a slight smile erupt from within me. I really need someone right now, someone other than Harry. Someone who will be there for me and I can confide in for advice and support. In all honesty I just need someone to cheer me up so I can take my mind off of him. But there is no way in hell that I would be able to make friends with someone, I don't know anyone here.

I took off towards the cash register and my eyes searched the boards above her small body, attempting to find something to consume.

"Hello, what would you like?" The woman asked, her voice was raspy but still full of joy.

I bit my lip, my eyes still wandering through the different options.

"Could I please have a hot chocolate and waffles with syrup?" I asked, a grin on my lips for the first time that day.

"Coming right up! Pick a table and I will come right over" She announced. I nodded and rotated my body, glancing around the tiny shop.

I rushed around the corner, putting my hand up to my face as an act to block my face so Harry didn't see me. I let out a sigh of relief and sat down at a table that was at the back, hiding away from everyone.

I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket and saw many messages and missed calls from my mom, Harry and Savannah. He must've told her that I left without a goodbye. A loud bang made me jump out of my seat, my heart nearly fell out of my chest it was that loud since it was so near. I glanced up only to see the same lady from earlier, placing my plate full of delicious waffles on the table along with my hot chocolate.

A chuckle escaped her lips, "I'm sorry if I scared you, I said hello but you must've been too enthralled with your phone" She giggled once again.

"It's fine, I should've kept my ears open" I commented.

I began to dig into my food, my eyes wandered across the room meeting the pair that I never wanted to see again. The sound of a chair scraping across the floor filled my ears. A much too familiar figure was walking towards me, a smile planted on his lips. I glared at him and looked back down at my waffles, trying to block him out.

"Why did you leave? Can you please explain that to me" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, rummaging through my bag and grabbing my purse. I smacked the money down on the table and stood up, looking Harry in the eye.

"Can you please explain to me why you had a girl hanging on your arm all night" I scoffed and stormed off.