Chapter 1

"Mother, I don't want to marry," Harry mutters. He looks up at his mother. Despite the fondness lingering in his emerald green eyes, he's taken by the fact she wants him to marry. And a woman at that. "I'm far too young." It's an excuse and Harry knows it, but he just wants to be happy and marrying a woman isn't going to make him happy. He's already being pronounced King today, so what's the hurry? For all Harry cares, he can wait until he's forty to even think about marriage.

Anne clearly doesn't want that. She wants Harry to be known as a powerful, yet ultimately caring King. And that could be Harry - if he had a right hand to rule with. At least that's what Anne thinks. "Harold, a wife is exactly what you need." Harry cringes at his full name. All of his friends always call him Harry; it's how he grew up.

"Mum, I don't quite think you unders-"

"Harold! Anne! Hurry down here, please!" Harry's father, Desmond, shouts. His voice booms through the halls, demanding the attention of everyone who happens to hear him. He always manages to command authority, even with age. Harry's beginning to feel like he'll never live up to his father. Desmond ruled the Kingdom with such grace and prestige. Harry is still a kid.

Despite Harry's nervous thoughts, he follows his mother downstairs. He remembers to hold his head high and keep his hand on the flower in his pocket, a tradition his family started years ago.

Harry's Kingdom is filled with the wonders of nature. Their family had always believed in filling the purpose of protecting nature and its gifts. In order to keep the world in glory, it's their duty as rulers to maintain nature's balance. Plants and animals litter the Kingdom. The crown that Harry wears is one of flowers and leaves. Of course, it isn't his actual, official crown, but Harry loves it the most. It symbolizes everything Harry believes in. His family raised him to protect his surroundings. If he didn't, nature would have nothing to give. Their Kingdom was built on the foundation of nature, yet holding fast to ruling with commanding authority.

Harry and Anne approach Desmond and nod accordingly. Instead of being in the King's chair, Desmond is standing to the side, as he should. It's Harry's rightful place now. The golden, emerald laced crown is sitting on a plush, royal blue pillow. It's breathtaking. The bright green emeralds reflect the light in a way that captures your eye. However, the crown's intricate and thought-out designs show just how wealthy the Kingdom really is. To the common people, it shows that a single person was in charge, with a woman at his side for support. To Harry, it's a horrible way to run a Kingdom, but he's required to abide by the rulings. It's tradition. "Are you ready?" Desmond's voice startles Harry as he breaks from his thoughts.

He forces his surprised look down as he looks his father in the eye. "Yes, sir." Harry's voice is strong, laced with the authority of a rising King. He'd reach his full potential with time. "I'm feeling exceptionally well about today." His voice is so soft and gentle, yet authoritative all the same. His greatness as a ruler is already showing.

"So let's begin," The King says, a smirk covering his chiseled features.

--

"Louis!" Jay's voice echoes through the halls as she goes on a hunt for her child. One would think that the King would conduct himself accordingly on such an important day. Louis' mother couldn't help but be disappointed in her child, yet immensely happy that he was happy.

"Mum!" Louis' sing-song voice echoes back through the halls and Jay lets out a small chuckle. Louis is always doing things like this, pulling tricks here and there. Despite his actions not being very Kingly, it keeps the Kingdom alive with fun and joy. Louis always makes it that way. Since he was a child, Louis was almost never caught not scheming. It's devious, yet enlightening all the same.