Chapter 15

Harry smiles softly at Louis on the couch. He's sitting in front of the fireplace while Harry cooks them both dinner. Louis had told Harry the first night they were there that he couldn't cook. He told Harry about all the times he burnt pizza and was soon yelled at by his mother. Harry found the whole thing hilarious but offered to cook for them nonetheless.

"Lou, why are you just staring at the fire?" There's a slight laugh in Harry's voice as he looks at his boyfriend.

"Huh? What? Oh, sorry. I was just thinking."

"What about?" Harry asks curiously. Louis stands and shuffles towards the bar, taking a seat on one of the stools. He has the perfect view of Harry as he cooks.

"You, us. I'm so glad we decided to come out, Haz," Louis says softly. Harry smiles fondly at the nickname. He hadn't expected it at first, but it grew on him as Louis started saying it more often.

"Me, too. I was so nervous at first but I'm glad you surprised me with it. It was perfect."

"Your dad sure didn't seem to think so," Louis sighs. "After everything we've done to get him to support us, he still was bothered by us coming out. Of course, it had to happen at some point, but he just completely abandoned the idea that we could work."

"I know, I wish I could change his mind. He grew up differently than we did. His beliefs are just different. Everything I'm doing is a disgrace to him so he's trying, he really is. The fact that I'm still even speaking with him is something. But can we not think about that? This is our time and I only want to spend it with you." Harry gives Louis a pointed look to show he's serious. The more they think about it, the more stress it's going to cause.

"You're right, I'm sorry. What are you making for dinner?" Louis changes the subject in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Spaghetti. You like that, right? Because I can start over if-" Harry suddenly realizes that he should have asked Louis if he even likes spaghetti. He begins to panic before Louis settles his nerves.

"Baby, it's fine. Spaghetti is fine, okay?" Louis chuckles, watching as Harry's face visibly relaxes.

"Okay," Harry says quietly. Louis makes him so nervous. Not in an uncomfortable way, but in an almost refreshing way. He adores it and hates it all the same. He feels his cheeks heat up as he focuses on stirring the sauce. It smells amazing and it fills the little kitchen.

"You're so cute when you're all flustered like that," Louis points out. He tilts his head, staring at Harry. He looks over his face, taking in every feature. He's an incredibly beautiful human being and Louis isn't sure if Harry notices it or not.

"Stop it," Harry mutters, a slight whine in his voice. Louis finds it incredibly cute and hot all the same. He stands and shuffles into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around harry's waist. He can feel Harry lean into him more and it makes Louis smile.

"But it's true," Louis says softly. He lifts Harry's shirt and slips his hands under. He can feel chills rise on Harry's skin and he smirks at the impact he has on the boy. Harry pauses before doing something. Then he turns in Louis' arms and stares at his boyfriend.

"Are we just going to stand here all night or are you going to kiss me?" Harry asks suddenly, quietly. Louis raises a brow, surprised at Harry's sudden burst of confidence.

"Of course," Louis chuckles. He wastes no time in pressing his lips against Harry's. They move perfectly together, like a puzzle piece. Their bodies seem to mold together as everything else is forgotten.

Harry can feel the heat pooling within him, setting him on fire. Every part of his being is alive. Louis is a drug to him and wow, he's addicted. He pulls Louis impossibly closer as their movements become more heated.