Chapter 3

Harry's mind is filled with relentless thoughts of the King who had managed to capture his heart in just one night. He never believed in love at first sight, but the tugging feeling at his heart makes him question what he's feeling at all. "King Harold, you have a visitor." Harry glances at one of the servants in the Kingdom.

"Send them in," He says, sitting straighter on the throne. The servant hurries away and comes back with the man Harry has been thinking about for nights on end.

"King Harold," Louis speaks smoothly, a small smirk playing on his beautiful, pink lips.

Harry tries to distract himself by actually responding. "King Tomlinson. May I help you with something?" Harry tries to mask the waver that is hidden in his voice. This just causes Louis' smug smirk to grow as he tilts his head at the younger boy.

"I'd like to have a word with you if that's alright." Louis focuses his gaze on the extra people in the room. "Alone, if possible." Harry hesitates, wondering what the man's angle is. Eventually, he dismisses everyone from the throne room. He stands and approaches the older, yet shorter man. He's absolutely breathtaking and Harry does his best to keep the thought from showing on his face. Louis knows he makes Harry nervous. The way he places his hand shakily on the sword on his hip, and the way he takes a deep, yet quiet breath. Louis likes that about him. "I hope I didn't scare you away at the ball I hosted," Louis says, his voice growing soft.

"And how could you have done that?" Harry asks, raising an eyebrow. His voice is almost sarcastic as he thinks about it because he knows exactly how. His heart races just thinking about the night when he questioned so much. Louis had managed to wiggle his way into his mind and plant himself there, sprouting and growing out of control. Why does he have this effect on the poor boy? He didn't want to marry before, but now he's reconsidering all because of one man. Marrying in a haste is normal here in the common Kingdoms. It used to be tradition to have your wife or husband picked for you. However, that was the first rule Harry changed as King. It should be based on loving someone, not forced interaction.

"Smart, I like that," Louis chuckles. Harry can't help but pout because he was genuinely trying to be serious. Louis seems like such a child at heart, but truly a ruler and capable all the same. "How about we arrange a date?" Louis raises a brow, awaiting Harry's reply. He just stares at the older boy, his mouth open slightly.

"I- You- Wait, what?" Harry sputters.

"A date, Harold. You know, where we hang out, get to know each other, that sort of thing," Louis says slowly. He chuckles at the end, laughing at the young boy's sweet innocence.

"I, wait- you like me?" Harry breathes. His eyes are wide and his heart is pounding painfully hard in his chest.

"You're incredibly captivating, yes." And although Louis is talking smooth and acting casual, he's so nervous. His hands are sweaty, he's shaking, and his chest is aching from the pounding of his heart. He should have just stayed at his palace. He should never have come here. These thoughts cloud his mind as he starts to panic because of the young lad's silence. Still, he wouldn't let Harry see that side of him.

"I- um, okay." Harry isn't even able to form words as he stands in front of the young man, his eyes skittering everywhere but towards Louis.

"Really?" Louis says hopefully. A grin breaks across his face and relief floods over him.

"I guess," Harry mumbles.

"Harold, if you're uncomfortable-"

"No, no I want to," Harry rushes out, suddenly panicking. The only thing he's worried about is his parents. Louis has it easier. His parents know and are okay with Louis being gay. He can only imagine how his father would react. Sure, Harry is King now, but it doesn't debunk the fact that Desmond is still his father. His mother will be more sympathetic and understanding, but he feels the nagging need to hide the fact from his father.