1

"I'm Slim Shady, yes, I'm the real Shady, All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up Please stand up, please stand up" Eminem blared out of Seth's Speaker. 

Quietly I sung along under my breath painting a masterpiece. I was painting some wildflowers. 

"Don't be stingy" Cole complained as J.O hogged the blunt. 

"Come on man its puff puff pass" I added taking Cole's defense. J.O was always taking extra puffs. 

J.O groaned and passed the blunt. 

In the distance you could hear the sounds of the town. Frequent yellers, car alarms and occasional gun shots but most notably was the sirens.

"Guys I think the sirens are getting closer" Dakota chimed in.

"Nah man I think you're being paranoid" Cole shook his head.

"No. Dakota is right. They're going to block us in!" I said nervously. Two cop cars sped blocking the alleyway trapping us in.

"Seriously we're gonna get caught right away. That's no fun," Cole said with disappointment in his voice. 

"At least we don't have to run now," Seth said trying to cheer Cole up, "You get to scale the side of the Walmart" 

The cops were now in sight and I started to climb the wall dragging along the purple spraypaint of the flower with me. It clung to my clothes as if I was the real canvas. 

Finally, we sat on the roof, legs dangling off the edge. Staring down at the officers now frustrated by our 'escape'. From the distance they looked small. Like little dwarves. 

"HEY! Get down from there and put your hands up!" Officer Joe, our favorite police officer,  screamed at us.

Officer Joe went to high school with my mom. At this point, he seemed like a built-in buddy. Always around, making sure I'm alive.

"Aww but that's no fun," Cole laughed

"Come on kids," Joe sighed.

"Sorry man, but we need a challenge!" Cole yelled.

"But this isn't a challenge anyway." Seth chuckled.

Cole high-fived Seth for his not so clever comment. As you can tell my selection of friends lack their wits. 

Bored of sitting on the roof, we began throwing a can of paint around like a frisbee.

After a little while, I looked down noticing Joe was no longer there.

"Guys, where is Joe?" I said worriedly.

He would never just leave. He always waits until our parents come.

As if I had just summoned this movie action scene, sirens approached and cop cars surrounded the building

"Oh shit," J.O. muttered under his breath

The roof door busted open and 8 police officers came out with guns pointed at us. Even Joe appeared with his gun in hand. Did they really need 8 officers? We are 6 teenagers.

"This has gone on long enough." One of the large officers said.

I stared at Joe giving him a pouty face as we were handcuffed. Forcefully they took us down the stairs through the Walmart out the front to their police cars.

The trashy Walmart folk stared at us disgustingly. As if they're any better than us. 

Cole growled at them, not really helping our case. I guess they may be better than Cole, but in his defense he was never really right in the head.

The officer holding onto my arm opened the car door and shoved me into the back. Like I get it I'm a 'criminal' or whatever but tagging a Walmart is barely a crime. 

As I sat in the police car I was pissed. I'm not sure who or what or why but I was absolutely irked. 

Upon reaching the station I was put into a holding cell where I slept overnight waiting for my mom to pay my bail. 

In the morning, I was woken by an officer, who let me out and removed my cuffs. It must've been like 5 am before my mother got off of her nightshift so I could assume it was probably 6:30 now.

I said thank you to the officer as he removed my handcuffs and sent me to my mom who was talking to Mrs. Angie, the lady who works at the front desk.

"Let's go Ray," Mom whispered to me angrily, "Nice talking to you Angie. Hopefully, it will be the last time I have to see you like this!" My mom said cheerfully walking out with a tight grip on my forearm.

Once we got to the car my mom broke into tears, "Ray what the hell! I know it's been rough for you since Kian left but it's been over a year. I can't keep putting up with your shit, and I can't afford to keep bailing you out of jail" She screamed at me.

I almost felt bad. But she brought Kian into this so I feel no remorse. 

I stayed silent. The rest of the car ride remained this way.

"You're out of the house. Today." She said calmly after putting the car in park/

"WHAT THE HELL MOM! NO!" I screamed. Where else was I supposed to live?  

"I got a phone call yesterday saying you were in jail. This time I called Kian who said you could live with him. He is coming here later, around noon, to pick you up so pack whatever you will need." Mom said before unlocking the car.

Right after she said that she unlocked the doors and walked straight inside to her room.

I was in shock. I couldn't even think. Not only is she kicking me out but now I have to move, leave my friends, live with Kian. 

It felt like there was a rock in my chest. I couldn't tell if I was going to throw up or cry. 

I locked the car door as I got out and went up to my room.

It wasn't worth the argue. I went to my room to pack which consisted of lots of flannels, beanies, t-shirts, jeans, and some spare sneakers. I also packed my stash, cigarettes, some spare cash, a gun, some knives, throwing stars and a couple cherry bombs that J.O gave me. I took down some of my favorite posters and threw them into the bag too.

When I finished I laid on my bed scrolling on my phone until the doorbell rang.

I slowly walked downstairs with my bags, ready to leave for a place worse than prison.

"Hey Ray, I really missed you," Kian said going to hug me.

With just an inch to spare, I dodged his unwelcoming hug and walked out the door to get in his car.

After talking to mom for a few minutes he came out to the car and we were off.