26

So let me tell you, a lot of time has passed. I have come fully out of the coma. The doctors were able to remove my right lung to get all of the cancer out. I'm on tons of meds because of the disease which will 'keep me stable' for now. They said I won't make it that long without getting a new set of lungs.

Unfortunately, after looking at my medical records psych decided I had to be checked into a mental hospital. 

Luckily I am supposed to get out of this cookoo nest in a week or 2.

My life has been taken away from me for almost two years now. All the time spent in the hospital along with all of the time I have been forced to spend here, my life is not my own. 

It is the end of the day so all I have is a group session, dinner, another group session and then we have to go back to our rooms.

Any free time there is I am forced to spend doing online high school because these idiots don't have any of my files my legal guardian, mother, says I still have to do high school.

Not to mention I have to do it online because the people here don't even trust me with a pencil.

At least this means I'm better than Kian because he didn't even come close to finishing high school.

I finished the session then went to dinner with my roommate Rebecca. 

"So how was your session?" Becca asked me.

"Shitty as usual," I said.

"You know if you get caught saying that then you will get put back in the 'special' care room." She said.

"Honestly I don't really care it's not like I should be here," I said sounding grumpy.

"Well, would you like me to remind you of why you are here." She jokes.

"Okay. Leave me alone. You're the one who did something so bad even I don't like talking about it." I said.

Becca is four years older than me and she did some nasty stuff.

"Okay, well if you're going to bring that back on me, maybe you might want to not be my roommate. Obviously you would be afraid that I will do that to you. Anyways someone drugged me so it wasn't my fault." She said as if she was trying to correct me.

"How about we call a truce before one of us, probably me, throws a punch,"

"Agreed."

We finished our dinner then went to our next sessions.

We are separated for sessions because they still consider me an adolescent even though I'm almost twenty.

The only way I have survived this place was with her guidance. All you have to do is be very fake and they think you are getting 'better'. For the most part, I ignore everyone else here.

Soon the session ended and I went back to my room.

Once I was there, I did my online school stuff until Becca came back in.

"Hi. Save me from doing this." I said.

"No. I mean I didn't do senior year either. At least you get to have some sort of electronic device." She complained.

"Whatever. I mean it's not like I can do anything internet was taken off of it and the only thing that is on it is my school shit." I complained back.

Becca asked me random questions as I did my work and I asked her questions about how to do my work. Schoolwork is a constant struggle. Neither she nor I have any clue on what I'm actually supposed to be learning.