BONUS CHAPTER: HADES

Hey guys!

So, on the last chapter of Hades Rewound, a few of you asked if I could do a chapter from Hades' point of view. I absolutely loved the idea of giving you all a glimpse of what goes on inside his head, so I've spent the last few days hashing this chapter out!

I'm literally so excited (and also very nervous!) for you all to read this bonus chapter and see what it's like from his perspective! 

The events in this bonus chapter range from the wedding to the month where he was kidnapped. I hope you all enjoy!! xx

p.s. there are no spoilers in this chapter, so don't worry about that ;)

[dedicated to @EpicLakaula for giving me the idea in the first place!]

H A D E S 

He didn't think that the day would ever come when his whole world condensed into one person until he saw her floating down the aisle.

Just like the very first time he met her that fateful night all those years ago, he was mesmerized. The thought struck him that, should angels exist, she was the walking epitome of one. He couldn't remember seeing anyone look so exquisite; her golden autumn curls frame the delicately beautiful face that he's come to associate with all things he holds dear, and her expressive green eyes sparkle with barely contained joy. An unfamiliar feeling of uncontainable euphoria spreads through his chest as his heart swells, and he can't stop the smile that spreads over his lips as the small smile playing on hers blossoms into one that blinds him momentarily with it's radiance.

Not quite enough to prevent him from seeing Apollo kiss her on the cheek as they arrive at the altar, but given the particular circumstances, he lets the jealousy that gnaws at his stomach dissipate.

He watches, barely able to stifle his amusement as her eyes narrow when she notices Dionysus standing behind him. He had asked the prankster to be one of his groomsmen - albeit grudgingly - because she had constantly badgered him about his, as she liked to call it, "his astonishing lack friends". Although he had never quite figured out why, she had always had a soft spot for Dionysus, and he knew how much it will have meant to her for him to be a part of the wedding. So, although it pained him greatly (though, he didn't let that show), he went out of his way to ask Dionysus to be his groomsman, and the gratitude in her eyes was more than enough compensation for the great amount of teasing he was succumbed to because that.

Her gaze flits back to meet his, and her smile widens. That smile knocks all the breath out of his body, and it strikes him in that instance how much awe he had for the woman standing in front of him, how unconditionally he loved her even though he never thought he had the capacity to love like that ever again, and he wouldn't ever hesitate to admit that that was completely owing to Evie.

He takes her hands in his and smiles at her, taking small intrinsic pleasure when her breath hitches; it always reassured him to know that he had the same affect on her that she does on him. "Words cannot begin to describe how beautiful you look right now agápi mou."

"You don't look so bad yourself." She teases, her eyes sparkling like the sun bouncing off the rich green depths of a freshwater lake.

The next part of the ceremony passes in the blink of an eye, a mere second in the overall passage of time in his mind. That second he spends losing himself in her gaze, committing to memory every detail of every microsecond, so that he could remember this moment in stellar clarity for the rest of his existence.

But what he didn't realise was that that ingraining of Evie into his memory was similarly the last he would see her, and the means through which he steeled himself through one of the most painful months of his existence.