BONUS CHAPTER: HADES' REACTION

Hey guys! Here's a little one-shot I've been sitting on for a while; Hades' reaction to Evie's pregnancy!

I've been having quite a few ideas for bonus chapters, so here's my question for you all; if i wrote an extra book where I added bonus chapters every once and a while, how many of you would read it?

Let me know in the comments, but otherwise, enjoy this little bonus chapter! xx

HADES REWOUND ONE-SHOT

"Hades, I'm pregnant."

His entire body freezes. He stares at me with wide eyes, and he doesn't respond for several seconds. "What?"

I try not to laugh at the stupefied look on his face; it's comical gold. Apparently, all it takes to completely stump the Lord of the Underworld is me informing him I'm pregnant. I repeat my earlier statement. "I'm pregnant."

A small smile tugs at the corners of his lips, and it slowly blooms the more he stares at me. "Really?"

"No Hades, I'm pulling your leg." I retort sarcastically, rolling my eyes with a smile. "Yes, really!"

His smile explodes into a full-blown grin, and he wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me up in the air and hugging me tight. I squeak in surprise and wind my arms around his neck to steady myself, laughing at his enthusiasm.

"How long?" He asks, his eyes shining like the night sky.

"I don't know, a few weeks I think?" I say, shrugging my shoulders slightly. "I had my suspicions this morning, but I wasn't sure until Hera confirmed it before."

"She did?" He echoes, his voice hushed.

"Yes, she did. That's the secret Spencer was trying to get me to tell him when you interrupted." I reply, giggling at the way his face lights up at my words. I think that's one of the only times I've ever seen him happy about something Spencer was involved in. "And I mean, that pretty much means it's set in stone, right? Seeing as Hera is the fertility goddess and all."

"It does." He smiles, finally setting me back down on the ground. He still holds me close though, his hands sliding up my back and keeping me pressed flush up against him, and as soon as he's certain my feet are steady on the ground, he leans forward and kisses me tenderly. I don't know why he bothered steadying me though, because like always, I'm completely swept away by his kiss, like a turbulent wave rushing to shore. Effervescent tingles shoot through my veins as I lose myself in Hades, in his kiss.

This time, unlike normal, his kiss went beyond passion. It wasn't just full of unconditional love, longing, and desire, like his other kisses; it was also full of vows and pledges, full of promises for the future. It was full of the assurance that he would be there alongside me for each and every single possibility ahead of us. My heart bursts with a warmth akin to a thousand suns, swelling under the barrage of his loving kisses.

When he finally pulls away, we're both completely breathless. He leans his forehead against mine, his midnight-blue eyes burning bright.

"Have I told you recently that I love you, agápi mou?"

"Well... You did, about five minutes ago." I hum, pretending to think. "But then again, you kind of have to now, seeing as I'm carrying your child."

He narrows his eyes and gives me a look that practically sparks with electricity. I giggle, ducking my head into his chest.

"I fear for the sanity of our future child."

"Why?" My reply comes out muffled by his shirt.

"They will have you for a mother." He says wryly.