Lake Monster

Yeah yeah I know, it's not a Gravity Rises picture and this isn't 'Episode 02'. But it's the only picture with the Gobblewonker I could actually get to open here. Not to mention it's alittle scarier than most of the pictures from the show, so that's a plus.

The Museum was a buzz with customers today. Robbie was working the cash register while reading a magazine as usually, Mabel was cleaning the and Dipper was looking at the fish in the tank with Waddles who occasionally gave a snort. After awhile Ford came back though the door with Soos. "Don't worry mister Pines. I'm sure we'll find it next time." Soos said looking at him.

Ford sighed and put a few things down. "I'm alright Soos, it's not the first time I've had this much trouble finding something out there." He said rubbing his head.

"Still couldn't find the big fish aye boss?" Robbie asked still reading his magazine.

"One, no but I got close. Two, it's not a fish. It's actually more of a Sauropsida. Perhaps a Plesiosaurs. " Ford said rubbing his chin.

"A WhachAMa-WhoASaur?" Dipper asked.

"Think Loch Ness Monster Dip." Mabel said walking up to him.

"OooHhhh." Dipper said in realization.

Ford looked at Mabel and nodded. "Very good Mabel." He said smiling.

"We call it the Gobblewonker here, it lives in the lake. It's part of a great legend that's been told of years." Soos said.

"WOW! How many years has the legend been told?" Dipper asked.

"About five." Soos answered.

Dipper looked up at him before looking back down. "Oh, I guess that's still a long time."

"Wait, they started talking about a giant lake monster only five years ago?" Mabel asked.

"Indeed, out of nowhere multiple reports about a strange animal at the lake started coming in. And claims of it barring resemblance to a typical lake monster started not long after. I have no clue how it could have just showed up." He said looking outside.

"Maybe someone had it for a pet when it was little but then let it go when it got too big. That's a thing people do with alligators or something right?" Dipper said trying to think of a reason.

"An interesting idea Dipper but I have my doughts." 'I've definitely heard of stranger things in this town though.' Ford thought to himself.

"So are you going back out tomorrow boss?" Robbie asked looking up.

"Probably, as long as Soos is able to go." He said looking back at Soos.

Soos smiled and gave a thumbs up. "No problem mister Pines."

Ford sighed and smiled. "Thank you Soos. It'd be hard for me to work that old boat by myself."

"I'm happy to help but..." He started looking back at the twins then Ford. "Do we have to go alone again?"

Ford looked at him for a second blankly. "Do you want to bring someone?" He asked. But before Soos could answer Ford noticed the twins grinning. He rubbed his head and chuckled. 'Oh boy.'

"Them." Soos said grinning nervously.

'I bet they planned this.' Ford thought to himself. "What about the shop? Are we just going to leave Robbie by himself?"

"Are you kidding?" Robbie started looking up at them. "You seem to forget that I've run this shop by myself plenty of times. Go take the kids out, you need some family bounding time. I'll be fine." He said picking his magazine back up.