Chapter 6

"Wake up!" Luke tackled me in my bed.

"Luuuuukkee."

"Come on babe it's time to get ready."

"Fine." I got up and went into the bathroom and started doing my makeup. Luke sat in there and talked to me.

"You know Taylor, you don't need all of that makeup."

"Luke, stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Being so nice. I'm not used to that."

"Well you better be getting used to it now."

I looked at him, smiling.

"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Ugh Luke, just tell me."

"All I'm telling you is to put on a bathing suit under your clothes. That's it."

"Are we going to the beach? Pool? Lake?"

"Taylor, I'm not telling you."

"Damn it."

Luke smirked at me. After I finished my makeup, I did as Luke said and I put on a bathing suit under my clothes. He walked into my room.

"Ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

He grabbed my hand and we walked outside to his car.

He opened the car door for me saying, "here you go my lady."

I smiled and got inside the car. When Luke got in the car he asked what music I wanted to hear.

"Panic please."

I'm quite obsessed with Panic! At The Disco. So Luke put in the CD, "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out." My favorite. The introduction of the CD came on and soon after, "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage," started playing.

I was singing along to the lyrics. "swear to shake it up, if you swear to listen, oh, we're still so young, desperate for attention, I aim to be your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives..."

Luke looked at me smiling because I was very enthusiastically singing the lyrics and dancing along.

"We're almost here," Luke said.

"I fucking knew we were going to the beach you little shit."

He started laughing. We finally reached our destination and I saw Michael, Calum, Ashton, and Alex standing by Ashton's grey minivan.

Michael ran up to me and pulled me into am embrace. "Hey Taylor! It's been a while. What have you been doing?"

"Nothing much really. What about you?"

"Nothing besides successfully watching every season of Pokémon XY."

"Aw without me?"

"Yep. I'm sorry."

We both started laughing.

"Hey Taylor," Ashton said.

"Hey Ash. Hey Cal. Hey Alex."

Calum smiled and waved and Alex just said hi.

"You guys ready to go on the beach?" Luke asked.

"Hell yeah!" Ashton yelled and everyone cheered.

Michael and I set up our beach chairs right beside each other. While everyone else was playing the water for a bit, me and Michael just sat in our chairs talking.

"So are you and Luke a thing or...?"

"I honestly don't know what we are Michael. My dad and his mom just got married, so we're basically step siblings."

"Jeez. That sucks. Can I tell you something without you telling Luke?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Well Luke has always had this huge crush on you. Like it's been a while. Since middle school I think."

"I know Michael. He told me before our parents got married."

"Did anything else happen?"

"No. Nothing."

"Taylor you're a lying motherfucker. Did you guys fuck?"

I started blushing. "Maybe."

"Taylor! Damn we need to talk more again. I've really missed you."

"I've really missed you too Michael."

"Taylor! Come out in the water with me!" Luke yelled.

"I guess I've gotta go out with Luke now. Wanna come?" I asked Michael.

"Nah I'll just stay here. Don't wanna get tan."

"Alright. I'll talk to you later then."

I got up out of my beach chair and walked out into the water with Luke, Ashton, Calum, and Alex. Luke picked me up.

"Luke! What are you doing?"

He threw me into the water. I got up and yelled at him, jokingly of course.

"What the fuck Luke?!"

We both started laughing.

"I love you Taylor."

"I love you too Luke."

A few hours later we decided to go home. Luke and I got into his car and started driving off.

"What do you want to listen to now?"

"Actually, let's just talk."

"Okay. What about?"

"Well I'm quite confused. What are we now Luke?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well are we dating or...?"

"Yeah if that's what you want because I know that's what I want."

"Well I really want that."

"Then it's settled. We are dating."

"What about our parents? Won't people think that's a little weird that we are dating since our parents are married?"

"Hopefully our parents will just accept it. And about people thinking it's weird? I don't care. I love you. They can just deal with it."

Luke reached over and squeezed my hand. God, I love him.

-

Maybe another update tomorrow? :P